Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2012

United Friends Challenge #261: Prince William lobbying for FIFA World Cup

Javaseriously's Challenge
Choose a news story making headlines this week. Now choose an individual named in the story and have that character write a rebuttal to the story for publication. The rebuttal may refute the story if you like; or it can be back story or explanation that changes the slant of the news report. Take all the liberties you like. The character you choose does not have to be the main person of interest in the original news story; you may choose anyone named in the report, including sources. If possible, include a link to the original story. If not possible, include a brief synopsis of the original story and credit the original news source
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/sport/Prince_William_lobbies_in_Zurich.html?cid=28918622
Prince William lobbies in ZurichGovernment leaders – and royalty – are stepping up support for their countries’ bids to host the football World Cup in 2018 or 2022.

 

Coming to Zürich was intended. My future wife and I are looking for a suitable place to spend our honeymoon. My flight was booked and coincided with the FIFA meeting in Zürich to choose the host for the Football World Cup in 2018, or even 2022. Meeting our prime minister at the airport was so nice, and we arrived together in Zürich.

This lead to the misunderstanding that I was lobbying to bring the World Cup to England, especially as my hotel was the same as other prominent figures at the conference. I met David Beckham, had contact with Sepp Blatter, a wonderful person,  and I may even have a chance to see Bill Clinton. Such a shame that Mr. Putin might not be able to make the meeting, I would have loved to have met him.

I will, of course,  be travelling in Switzerland looking for a quiet place for Kate and I to stay in June after our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment