Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Foto Fun Week 69 - Weather

Snow in the garden
To be expected in Switzerland - snow. It seems at the moment my homeland, England, is getting even more. Of course in the highlands of Switzerland they live with it every year. Pass roads closed, using the tunnels going through the mountains, villages swamped in a Winter wonderland.

I live in the lowlands, about 500 Meters above sea level, but we still get the snow. At the end of last week we had some, but today it returned with a vengeance. It started towards lunch time and I took this photo this afternoon of our small garden. We are promised more. Some people like it, you can go skiing or whatever. I hate it. I don't drive so much any more since being retired, but when I was working I had to put up with it. Don't brake, only drive in lower gears, cross your fingers and hope for the best. The roads are quite well looked after here, but if there is really a lot of snow, then even the best plows cannot remove it.

I would have loved to have been able to show the flakes on the photo. I tried about six different settings on the camera, but it just didn't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment