Followers

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Meow, Meow, Meow

Tell us a joke! Knock-knock joke, long story with a unexpected punchline, great zinger — all jokes are welcome!


DSC_3170

“Do we do jokes Tabby?”

“No, life is too short and concentrated to laugh at and we don’t have laugh muscles. Bastet concentrated on the 32 ear muscles so there was no room left for laugh muscles, although I do sometimes miss them. Those humans get up to some stupid stuff sometimes, that would bring tears of laughter to my eyes.”

“Did Bastet make tears?”

“No Fluffy, she was too busy with the ear muscles, although we our eyes are something special, seeing in the dark and all that..”

“Oh, I see. It is true I can twiddle my ears in many different directions. But I don’t get the thing with the eyes.”

“All felines can twiddle their ears, even that naked feline that lives across the path can do that.” And don’t worry about that thing with the eyes and being blind, you manage quite well. The main thing is you find your dish of tuna fish. The rest takes care of itself.”

“What’s blind Tabby? Ok, don’t tell me, I still haven’t found out, but it doesn’t seem to be something that bothers me or that I miss. I noticed that that naked feline does the same things are we do but without fur. Everything he does is obvious. At least we can hide our emotions and actions under the fur, although I noticed he has a recycling process the same as us which isn’t so well hidden. I saw him yesterday ready to mark and …..”

“Of course Fluffy, what goes in must come out: spare me the details.”

“Can you tell me a joke Tabby?”

“Joke does not exist in the book of Bastet. Chapter 2345, verse 20 says felines are too busy ensuring that their humans deliver food at the correct times, keeping their feline toilet clean and free of strange odours and ensuring that fresh water appears regularly. There are no jokes in a feline life. Everything is serious, although  in verse 21 there is a joke I  believe.”

“Oh, I must look. Yes, here it is. “A tabby, a persian and a sphinx feline went for a hunt in the fields together.” That is really funny, I am rolling o the earth with meows.”

“Yes, you can’t beat Bastet for a good joke, it is true. Must join you Fluffy.”

“What is so funny felines. Can I share the joke.”

“No, Mrs. Human, you wouldn’t understand.”

“Tabby, shall we tell her?”

“No Fluffy, she wouldn't get it and I am sure our Daily Feline Prompt fans wouldn’t understand it either. That is a feline joke and felines jokes are insider stuff.”

1 comment:

  1. From the expression on the Sphinx cat's face, I think he's trying to figure it out, too!!

    ReplyDelete