Followers

Thursday 10 December 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Feline Life Line

You’re on a long sleep, and a paw reader sitting next to you insists she reads your paw. You hesitate, but agree. What does she tell you?

Tabby paw

“Mrs. Human what are you doing with my paw. I was having a wonderful relaxing sleep.”

“I am taking a photo of it, but you have curled it up.”

“What do you expect? I do not sleep with outstretched paws, I stretch them in between to encourage the circulation. And why do you need a photo of my paw.”

“I thought I would read your paw to discover more about you.”

“Mrs. Human I am a feline, once worshipped as a god, and not a specimen for human experimental photography, especially when the photos are connected with some sort of daily blog prompt. I write my own prompts, and do not need any assistance from human hand.”

“Tabby, you do not have to emphasise the fact, I now have a scratch on the palm of my hand from your sharp claw.”

“Then keep your hands to yourself and do not approach my paws, especially when I am resting. Wait a minute Mrs. Human, that is an interesting scratch. Look, it makes a straight line diagonally across the palm of your hand. I am sure that has a deep meaning.”

“You think so Tabby?”

*Definitely, it means that you should wash under flowing water as otherwise I will have blood stains on my beautiful fur, and it might be possible that your t-shirt will also have a blood stain. But I must say it is a very interesting and decorative scratch mark.”

“Thankyou for the advice Tabby, yes, I will definitely wash it and afterwards put a plaster on it to stop any infection in case you were in your recycling tray before you laid down to relax.”


“No need to be insulting Mrs. Human.”

2 comments:

  1. Tabby should remind herself of the proverb of 'not scratching the hand that feeds you' !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she didn't intend the scratch - or did she?

      Delete