Followers

Saturday 28 November 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Humble Feline Pie

Tell us about a time you found out after the fact that you’d been mistaken and you had to eat a serving of humble pie.

tabby

“Open the window Mrs. Human.”

“Say please.”

“No, please does not exist in meow. It is cold outside, there is snow on the ground and my whiskers are freezing. They will become brittle and break off and I will die. So open the window at once.”

“Tabby it would not hurt to say please.”

“It would, my vocal chords are not created for such anti meow effects. Open the window, one whisker is already broken.”

“Tabby you will not die by losing one whisker and I thought you have 9 lives.”

“I did have nine lives, but if you continue to treat me without respect for my feline character I will be tempted to go to other measures.”

“Such as?”

“I will ignore my recycling tray and deposit my produce on the carpet. I will induce a hairball moment on your bed and I will walk on the bath with my muddy paws. Shall I continue?”

“Just a moment Tabby, I will open the window and then we can have a discussion about the meaning of the word “please”.”

“I am not in the mood for a discussion in connection with the analysation of a word which would be of no use to a feline. Do you really think I would say to Roschti, “please do not chase me to claim territorial rights” or “Roschti, please let me have a share of that mouse you are devouring”. You see Mrs. Human the word “please” is non-existent in meow. As one of our prophets once said “Felines have no desire to please the humans. What pleases them I did not want to learn and what I know is far removed from their primitive understanding.”

“Who said that Tabby.”

“Actually it is based on some quote from an ancient greek feline guy called Tiddles Epicurus, he was one of the best.”


“Ok Tabby, who I am to argue with a quote from a greek feline.”

2 comments:

  1. Got that sinking feline again?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just let her get on with it. You can never win against a feline.

      Delete