Followers

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: My Territory

What are the earliest memories of the place you lived in as a kitten? Describe your territory. What did it look like? How did it smell? What did it sound like? Was it quiet like a library, or full of the noise of life? Tell us all about it, in as much detail as you can recall.



Tabby

“Mrs. Human I was sleeping but no, you cannot leave it. Stop taking photos all over the place, I am not in a very photogenic mood.”

“But I have just discovered how I can take instant photos with my 6s iPhone and upload them direct onto the computer. I am sure you will be glad to know that all your blog followers can see what you are doing.”

“If you had told me, I would have had a wash and combed my whiskers. This is not one of my best photos. It seems I should be writing about my original territory.”

“I now have to go Tabby, so I will leave you to write your feline words of wisdom.”

“Meow Tabby, I thought I would give a paw to help, as it was my territory as well.”

“Meow Nera, nice to see you. Do you have to arrive surrounded by that white mysty stuff, it gets in my eyes and nose. Aatishoo! and now I have to sneeze.”

“Sorry Tabby, but it is all for the effect, after all I am now floating.”

“OK Nera, then float, but without the steam effect. So let’s tell them about how we four kittens were in a nice comfortable place with our mum until we both  decided to move on and take over at Mrs. Human’s place.”

“Yes, that was a good deal. Free food and lodging and a nice large territory to move into. Remember the smells of our marking system. In Summer it was outside and in Winter in our recycling tray.”

“One disadvantage were the vitamin pellets.”

“True and Mrs. Human was convinced they were good for us.”

“That’s human logic I suppose. Thank goodness she had opposable thumbs and could use the tin opener for the tuna fish.”

“So now I have to go Tabby, although I must say there is no place like home. Smells very feline and there are fur traces everywhere. Couldn’t be better, but now to the etnernal corn chambers.”

“It’s not the same is it Nera?”

“Oh you get used to it. Always a supply of mice, even if they are re-incarnations and I can wear my crown up there, being one of the leaders.”


“Oh, I see. 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what Tabby would make of my dinner this evening......tuna sandwiches, made with good old Heinz salad-cream!! (I can't be bothered to cook anything tonight).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We mix it with mayonnaise but tabby prefers it pure in its own juice. I have a feeling she only likes the juice and eats the rest when nothing is left.

      Delete