Followers

Saturday 12 September 2015

Daily Felne Promt: Daily Feline Ritual

Think about your day. Select one of your daily rituals and explain it to us: why do you do what you do? How did you come to adopt this ritual? What happens on days when you can’t perform it?

Fluffy and Tabby

“Sleeping”

“Yes Fluffy, sleeping.”

“I think we are supposed to write something more, after all it is a daily feline prompt.”

“Ok, more sleeping.”

“Tabby, you are really the most intelligent feline I know.  What about lots of sleeping.”

“Comes to the same thing Fluffy.  As the great Meow playwright William Shakespeare Fitz Cat said “We are such felines as dreams are made on and our 9 lives are rounded with sleep”.”

“He was a great writer, I just loves his work “A Midsummer’s feline meow”.

“But that was all about fairy felines, and as we know we do not believe in fairies, we do not really believe in anything I suppose.”

“But Tabby, we believe in tuna fish and defending our territory and sleep of course, not forgetting Bastet who I believe invented sleep.”

“I don’t think she invited sleep, but she held the record for a lengthy sleep, I believe it was a year.”

“That is a long sleep, although it must have been a wonderful experience.”

“Fluffy, I believe it was all in the name of feline research, to discover whether too much sleep had a negative effect on the feline constitution.”

“And what did she discover.”

“She decided to sleep another year to be sure and then she advised that all felines should sleep at least 23 hours a day to fortify the reasons for feline sleep.”

“She was very wise. I believe it is the first commandment in the book of Bastet “Sleep, and more sleep is the first feline ritual.”

“Exactly Fluffy, I see you know your book of Bastet, so let us practice what is preached. I will take the cushion on the left.”

“Ok, I will take the cushion on the right.”


2 comments:

  1. I suspected before I even opened this post what the main feline daily ritual would be!!!

    ReplyDelete