Followers

Thursday 20 August 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: West End Felines

Every city and town contains felines of different classes: rich, poor, and somewhere in between. What’s it like where you live? If it’s difficult for you to discern and describe the different types of classes in your locale, describe what it was like where you grew up — was it luxury or sewers.

Admiral Butterfly

“I think this is going to be a quick prompt Fluffy. We both grew up in butterfly, bird and mouse land.”

“I know Tabby, although I grew up surround by five felines and about ten kittens.”

“That was because you were living in a feline commune, a sort of breeding institution.”

“I beg your pardon Tabby. We had only the best. Special food for kittens, groomed daily and a constant milk supply. Even our dad kept an eye on us.”

“Ok, Fluffy, but more than keeping his eye on you, I don't think your dad did much more.”

“But he was the boss.”

“He was only there for breeding. The more the merrier. Our mum went on trails, on paths, she had so many admirers, she could choose.”

“Was that why all your brothers and sisters looked different Tabby?”

“I suppose so, but we were a strong breed. Once she went down to the sewers to do some slumming around, but she said that was not for her. Too many rats in the way, no peace and quiet to deal with the business.”

“My mum had her partners chosen for her, they were all from the correct breed.”

“You mean they all had corkscrew whiskers and rastafari curls on their head.”

“You are just jealous Tabby.”

“Jealous of what? I don’t lose my fur in summer and have chicken legs with no feathers. No, I am a regular Tabby with the MacDonalds “M” on my forehead. Something you Selkirk rex do not have.”

“Oh let’s call it a day Tabby. It doesn’t matter where our origins are, we all kill what breathes and moves and eat it. I can hear the sound of a tin opener Tabby.”

“No problem Fluffy, let’s go,”


2 comments:

  1. Good morning Pat. Love the way your two kitties chat and how tabby is the 'know all.' lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabby is the leader of the pack and Fluffy her apprentce.

      Delete