Followers

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Helpless Felines

Helplessness: that dull, sick feeling of not being the one at the whiskers. When did you last feel like that –- and what did you do about it?

Tabby - can I go out?

“Mrs. Human open the door, I want to go out.”

“I’m coming Tabby, at once.”

“Quicker, Mrs. Human, I do not have all day.”

“Sorry Tabby, of course.”

“Mrs. Human I want to go out as well.”

“No problem Fluffy, first of all I have to put on your harness to fix you on the pole with the expandable lead, otherwise you will get lost.”

“Mrs. Human, I do not have all day.  I want to go out now. Tabby is already outside.”

“Yes, Fluffy, I am coming, just a moment. There, now you can go.”

“Tabby I feel helpless all the time here. It would be much easier if the windows were permanently open.”

“I know Fluffy, but Mrs. Human seems to think we will get lost, although I never get lost.”

“Neither do I Tabby, although sometimes I do not know where I am.”

“Exactly, Fluffy, you are blind and do not see where you are.”

“What’s blind Tabby?”

“We will discuss that another day Fluffy. In the meanwhile we are helpless, cannot go out unless Mrs. Human opens the door. It is a good job she is well trained by us. if we only had the paw friendly can opener.”

“Oh yes Tabby, that would be the solution. Do you think we can soon order one online on our pawpads.”

“Doesn’t look like it, it does not seem to be important.”

“In the meanwhile we remain helpless, delivered to the mercy of the humans.”

“Mrs. Human, I have just used my recycling tray, can you empty it, it disturbs.”

“Of course Tabby at once.”

“One thing is good Fluffy.”

“What is that.”


“Our human training programme shows results.”

No comments:

Post a Comment