Followers

Saturday 4 July 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Familial Feline Fests

Many countries celebrate Father’s Day and Mother’s Day. If you could dedicate a holiday to a more distant relative, who would it be — and why?

Baby Gr�gu and his sister/brother

“Fluffy do you have to drag out those baby photos again.”

“Tabby, they are memories, that is my sister and brother, I am on the left with the long legs an the pink tummy.”

“I know, you havn’t changed much Fluffy, you still have long legs and a pink tummy when you lose the fur, but they no longer call you blue eyes, although there was a time when they called me blue eyes as well.”

“Tabby I think all kittens have blue eyes. I remember Cool Man, my dad, kept his blue eyes, but he was something special. Had lots of wives and fathered many.”

“Showing off again Fluffy. My dad also had lots of wives and fathered many, but he just moved on.”

“You mean he didn’t stay to look after his family?”

“Family, what family? He didn’t do family, he was an independent. As for all I know he might be that feline walking over there on the edge of the field.”

“You mean you feel no family ties.”

“Fluffy, since when does the word “family” exist in meow. In the book of Bastet, chapter 1, verse 1 stand the most important words of the belief “I, me and myself”. And tell me would you really know your mum if you saw her?”

“I think she looked like me.”

“Yes Fluffy and so do all other Selkirk Rex felines about a million of them. Now with us Tabby felines it is another kettle of cat. After the memorable meeting with our dad(s), our mum never knew what would arrive at the end of the day. There were four of us and we all looked different, but I think somehow four dad’s were involved, mum wasn’t fussy, she was a natural.”

“You mean it wasn’t planned Tabby.”


“Fluffy I don’t think this conversation is leading anywhere. The only thing I plan at the moment is a nice cool place to have a sleep.”

2 comments:

  1. Fluffy has hardly changed. I would have recognised him even if someone else had posted that photo!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has such long legs, I have never seen such long legs on a cat.

      Delete