Followers

Monday 9 March 2015

The Walk

Stream, St. Kathrinen Cemetery, Solothurn

Yes, today I went for a walk with Mr. Swiss as support in case anything happened. I know, it is not a big deal, we all go for walks, but for me it was something completely different. It was not a supermarket walk or even a walk to the car, I did it all by foot. Mr. Swiss goes for walks every day whilst I sit at home daily prompting. I have decided that daily prompting can also be done at another time, so after he recovered from the shock that I would come with him, we departed.

It was warm enough in a t-shirt with my three quarter trousers and so armed with a camera around my neck we departed. I even found a super pair of shoes that fit and did not hurt. Yes I was ready to go and Mr. Swiss asked which way. I told him it makes no difference, just go and I will follow. I was surprised to find that I had no problem to make it to the path to the castle, but we turned off and walked on. I saw chickens and horses at the local stables, there were spring flowers and we passed by the castle. This was of course food for my camera. Unfortunately we had the first small disagreement. Mr. Swiss likes to walk in a steady pace, but I was stop and go, after all I had to take some photos.

After I caught up with him he told me to “look, there is a wonderful view of the snow covered alps”. I mean it was his fault that I stopped again to take a photo. He walked on and told me that the view was better where he was standing, so I moved on and took more photos. It was definitely his fault that I was stopping and going.

Eventually we arrived at the main cemetery. I have often been to the cemetery, it is one of the most worthwhile places for taking photos. It was then that Mr. Swiss said he would sit on a bench in the sun whilst I could take my photos. Somehow I had  feeling he was uncomfortable being seen with me hopping around in the cemetery with a camera. The above photo is of the stream that runs through the cemetery. I noticed a gardener with an electric bulldozer digging around in the cemetery and leaving large patches of earth behind him. Mr. Swiss informed me that once there were graves, but they had been removed to make room for the next customer. “But where are the remains” I asked. “Probably already disposed of” was the answer. I asked no further questions, as I did not really want to know the answers.

After the cemetery visit we took the path home. I was surprised that I was still moving with no aches and pains, yes it was an invigorating walk. As we reached the home stretch I must admit that I was not sorry. I think my lungs were not used to the high intake of fresh oxygen in the air and I felt quite light headed. We were approaching our home when we were greeted by the lady who used to live next door to us who had also been walking. It seems that everyone goes walking when the sun shines, must be some sort of psychological reaction. We discussed our various walks, and then our aches and pains as we were all in the golden oldie age.


Mr. Swiss was surprised to notice how well I was walking, and so was I. I will definitely go again, perhaps tomorrow. And  here is the boss chicken, I think it is called a cockerel.

The cockerel

1 comment:

  1. By coincidence I went for my first walk of the year on Sunday afternoon. After all the rain in the morning, the sun came out and it was quite warm, so out I went!!

    ReplyDelete