Followers

Sunday 15 February 2015

WordPress Daily Prompt: Wall to Wall 2

What do you display on the walls of your home — photos, posters, artwork, nothing? How do you choose what to display? What mood are you trying to create?

“Hello Mrs. Angloswiss, long time no see.”

“Hello Wordy, yes, I thought you were having a revision.”

“Yes, look I have new eyes, a new noise and they said I have a new brain, but I cannot remember the old brain. I think they took my memory away.”

“Wordy your new eyes are wandering, are you looking for something.”

“I was just wondering whether you made one of your wonderful tasty chocolate cakes. They renewed my sense of taste and I am sure it will melt in my mouth.”

“No problem Wordy, I have it in the cupboard, help yourself.”

“Oh”

“Something wrong Wordy.”

“Mum thum choral plop ach.”

“I didn’t understand?”

“Your cake, it stuck to my new sensor teeth and clogged my voice mechanism. Actually if I may say so, your cake is not as fresh as it used to be.”

“It might be, I baked it a two months ago.”

“Two months ago! But Mrs. Angloswiss, two month old cakes are dry, tasteless and just horrible, if I may say so.”

“You may say so Wordy, But you know what. two year old prompts that I wrote on 28th April 2013 are also stale, tasteless and just ach, if you know what I mean. ”

“Let’s change the subject Mrs. Angloswiss. Do you have a glass of water to wash your cake down. Some crumbs are adhering to my new A1 plastic teeth. No problem Wordy. The water is fresh. Oh remember my last Original Wall to Wall Blog showing original paintings from Mr. Swiss, I still have them on the walls.

“So let us get on with today’s prompt, do you have something new.”


“I always have to have something new, not like some people I know. Look Wordy, something for my wall. 

Cabbage thoughts

“What’s that Mrs. Swiss?”

“It’s the photo of a cabbage I took this morning before I made a pot au feu with various vegetables and a nice piece of beef. I thought it would be ideal to hang on the wall. I have entitled it “The Beautiful Cabbage”.

“Oh, I see. Isn’t it rather strange having a cabbage on the wall, although I must say it is a nice cabbage. Did it taste OK?”

“It was very good Wordy, mixed with the leeks, carrots, celery and beef. I even put it in a green frame to bring out the life of the cabbage.”

“Do cabbages live Mrs. Angloswiss?”

“Of course they do Wordy, otherwise they would not be able to grow. They die when I cook them and eat them. They are then recycled: imagine just like your old prompt.”

“But my prompts live as well.”

“Yes, they do for a certain time, perhaps one or two days, until all the eager bloggers have written their piece. Then the prompts die, are buried somewhere in the vaults in Silicon Valley until they are given the breath of life by you.”

“I don’t have breath Mrs. Angloswiss, I have a ventilator to keep me cool.”

“Yes, Wordy, I know. That is the problem. Perhaps it might be an idea to get your creators to give you a chip in your ventilator, one that says “new daily prompts for bloggers”, just to breathe some fresh air into the prompts.”

“You mean like your new picture of the cabbage. I have never eaten cabbage Mrs. Angloswiss, any left?”

“Of course Wordy, I have a dish of pot au feu left and it is from today’s lunch. Fresh and new.”

“Smells good. Oh yes, I like that it really oils my insides well. You cannot beat a freshly cooked lunch. Chocolate cake also tastes good when it comes fresh from the oven.”

“Exactly Wordy, exactly.”

1 comment:

  1. I think that photo of the cabbage is rather good. It would look great framed and hung on a kitchen wall. Have you noticed it looks a little like a human brain (except for the colour)? There are a few folks on the internet could do with one of those cabbages....it would be an improvement on the brain they have currently!!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete