Followers

Sunday 22 February 2015

WordPress Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth

You’re given a plot of land and have the financial resources to do what you please. What’s the plan?


New Back Garden

“That will do today, what do you reckon Fred?”

“OK, now she can do with it what she likes.”

“Excuse me, excuse me, what do you think you are doing. Who told you to load that pile of earth onto my garden. My roses are buried and the apple tree is completely swamped.”

“Well, it wasn’t us Miss, that little guy over there with the mechanical arms and eyes on stalks told us to put it there, courtesy of his company.”

“Who, ah him. Yes OK, WORDY”

“Mrs. Angloswiss not so loud, I have sonic hearing since my last make over.”

“I don’t care if you have x-ray eyes, just tell me what that pile of dirt is doing covering my lovely lawn and flower beds.”

“It’s all yours Mrs. Angloswiss with courtesy of my company. You can do what you like with it, cost what it may. It is a plot of earth, not dirt.”

“Then tell the men that brought it here in that large truck they should shovel it all together and remove it.”

“That is not in the clause Mrs. Angloswiss. It’s all yours to keep. The contract does not cover removal.”

“I don’t want it.”

“But think what you can do with it and look, it is very fertile earth.”

“Yes Wordy, I can see the worms squiggling already. They can’t wait to build a few tunnels. By the way did you know you have to get planning permission in Switzerland to build anything. If the garden exceeds the boundaries, I have to have it removed.”

“But we built it high and not wide. You can plant an extension to your garden, cover it with snow in winter and make a ski slope out of it. In Summer it would be ideal for practicing mountain climbing.”

“Wordy, I do not ski and do not climb mountains.”

“Oh, and I thought you would be so proud of me and happy. I put your name on the top of the blogger’s list of plots of earth. All the other bloggers are writing about the house they will build or the MacDonalds restaurant they will install on the property.”

“Wordy, not here, we need planning permission.”

“OK, I even told the men to put a nice plant on the top. I know you love plants Mrs. Angloswiss.”

“I do Wordy, very much, but now you have buried them all and probably killed them. I have an idea. While the men are still here, perhaps they would organise that nice plot of earth to my design.”

“Of course, Mrs. Angloswiss, always at your command. What would you like them to do?”

I would suggest spreading the plot of earth to the edges first of all. Then the could begin to dig in the middle. Let’s see, stay still Wordy.”

“What are you doing with the tape measure Mrs. Angloswiss?”

“Just measureing Wordy, just measuring. I would say you are not more than a meter tall, if we don’t count the antenna wires that are sticking out of your head. We could bend them like this.”

“Ouch, that hurt.”

“But it looks much better. So what is your chest size, very slim I would say, yes that should do it. Ok guys come here.”

“You want some more earth?”

“No not at all. Could you perhaps employ that power shovel you have to dig a hole about 1.20 Meters long and perhaps 75 cm wide and very deep.”

“No problem, Joe, she wants a hole in the ground.”

“And perhaps you could put that piece of metal in the hole and cover it with the pile of earth left.”

“But Mrs. Angloswiss, I am not a pice of metal, I am Wordy glub, glub, glub.”

“Is that OK Madam.”

“Just fine, thank you and here is a tip for both of you. Now I should phone the undertaker and order a nice stone perhaps in pink to be inscribed “Here lies Wordy, He was a good blogging tool, but he overdid it.”

“Glub ,glub, glub”


“Quiet  Wordy, I will dig you out in time for the next prompt.”


Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure he liked the 'plot' of your story!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete