Followers

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Too much Snow

Snow on parking lot, Migros, Langendorf

It snowed yesterday and through the night. The snow above is from the local car park at the supermarket. I had already made a plan for this morning. I told my son he could walk to work today - it is not so far and he would be quicker than with me in the car. My alarm went at six in the morning, I switched it off and ignored life for another hour. I listened to the radio reports telling me how dangerous it was on the roads and then the inevitable happened. An articulated lorry (got the translation from an online dictionary) turned over on the nearby motorway. Although I don't go on the motorway, but drive on the local roads, it meant that the motorway was closed for a few hours and all the traffic came through the main road at the side of our village.

Deutsch: Es hat gestern geschneit und durch die Nacht. Der Schnee oben ist von die Parkplätze bei unsere lokale Supermarkt. I hätte schon ein Plan für heute morgen gemacht. Ich sagte mein Sohn er könnter heute laufen zu der Arbeit - es ist nicht so weit und er währe schneller als ich mit dem Auto. Meine Wecker ging um sechs morgens. Ich schalte es ab und ignoriert das Leben für eine Stunde. Ich hörte die Radio zu, erzählend wie gefährlich es war auf die Strasse und denn passierte es. Ein Sattelschlepper kippte um auf die Autobahn. Zwar ich fahre nicht auf dem Autobahn, aber die Landstrassen, es bedeutet das die Autobahn war zu für ein paar Stunden und die ganze Verkehr kam zu der Hauptstrasse bei unsere Dorf.

One advantage was that I could easily thread into the traffic. I left home at about 08.30 and arrived at work 09.00. I have enough overtime and I did not want to risk my life.

Deutsch: Ein Vorteil war ich könnte leicht in der Verkehr einfädeln. Ich verlass mein Heim um 08.30 Uhr und kam an in der Arbeit um 09.00. Ich habe genügend Üeberstunden und ich wollte mein Leben nicht riskieren.


Bobinette


My neighbours spent the Easter in the part of Switzerland called Valais. It is in the South West of Switzerland and French is the main language spoken. It is well known for its ski resorts such as Zermatt, Montana-Crans. They took their cat, Bobinette, with them. Bobinette is used to travelling. She lived with her humans in Italy for some time, before they came back to Switzerland.

Deutsch: Meine Nachbarn verbrachte Ostern in Wallis in der Schweiz. Es ist in der süd-west Schweiz und Französisch ist haupsachlich die Sprache. Ein Ski region - Zermatt, Montana Crans unter anderem. Sie haben Ihre Katze, Bobinette, mitgenommen. Bobinette ist gewöhnt zu reisen und hat mit Ihre Menschen längere Zeit in Italian gelebt bevore sie wieder in der Schweiz kam.

So I called my cats to have a look at the postcard Bobinette had sent them from her holiday.
Nera: Cats don't go on holiday, they stay at home.
Tabby: Yes, that is correct. How comes that Bobinette is in such a high place.
Fluffy: High places are always nice to be in. You are in charge of everything. That's why Nera always takes the highest cushion on the cupboard.
Me: Bobinette spent a few days in the Swiss mountains with her humans. Otherwise she would have been on her own here and I would have fed her.
Nera: I am glad we can stay here. I would not like to spend time in the cold snowy mountains.
Tabby: Bobinette is different to us anyway. She miaows in French and Italian.
Nera: Although she has a nice view from where she is.
Fluffy: I would still rather be in my own four walls. I am sure she didn't get any tuna fish in the Swiss mountains.

So I left my cats to their own conversation. Somehow it always comes back to Tuna Fish.

Deutsch: Ich ruf meine Katzen um die Postkarte zu schauen was Bobinette geschickt hat von Ihre Ferien.
Nera: Katzen gehen nicht in Ferien, sie bleiben zu Hause.
Tabby: Ja, das stimmt. Wieso ist Bobinette so höch oben.
Fluffy: Hoch oben ist immer schöne für Katzen. Man ist Chef von alles. Deswegen ist Nera immer in der höchste Kissen auf dem Schrank.
Me: Bobinette war für ein paar Tage in der Schweizerberge mit Ihre Menschen. Sonst wäre sie alleine zu Hause und müsste sie futtern.
Nera: Ich bin froh das wir können hier bleiben. Ich würde nicht gern in die kalte, schneereichen Bergen sein.
Tabby: Bobinette ist anders als uns sowieso. Sie miaowet auf französisch und italienisch.
.Nera: Aber sie hat ein schöne Aussicht von wo sie ist.
Fluffy: Ich bin doch lieber zu Hause in meine eigene vier Wände. Ich bin sicher sie hat keine Thonfisch in der Schweizerbergen bekommen.
.
So ich lass meine Katzen zu Ihre eigene Konversation. Irgendwie kommen sie immer zurück zu Thonfisch.

No comments:

Post a Comment