Followers

Saturday 2 February 2008

It snowed, but not long

First of all what did you do today. Well this morning, not very much. It started snowing. Now in Switzerland it just doesn't snow. You get wet snow, powder snow, icy snow, all depending on the size of the flakes coming down and the temperatures. Today was warmish for snow, so we got wet snow which has the giga size of flakes. This means that your garden looks like this


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


within five minutes. As it was Saturday and I somehow had a second sense that this catastrophic predicament could be the case today, based on the negative experiences of North England yesterday, I had already bought most of the food supplies on my hunting expedition on Friday. This meant my presence was not really needed today and Mr. Swiss being Swiss and having grown up in such weather, I decided he could go shopping today with the car. What came in five minutes was already gone by the time he went, the snow fall was a short lived episode and soon disappeared. I was surprised to find this in the garden when it melted
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The first signs of Spring have arrived in the shape of my crocus, although Mr. Swiss said they had been flowering all week. As I usually spend the week at work I did not see them. My cats don't like snow at all, so Fluffy slept all day

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Tabby watched the world go by making a careful examination of everything that was happening from her perch on top of the cupboard

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


and Nera, well we just left her to her own thing. She was a bit irritable today after nearly scratching Mr. Swiss on the nose and snow coming down which she does not like. She just made her pin up pose as if to say don't touch me, I'm in charge.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I used the afternoon to do some things I should have done during the week. First of all I caught up on the accounts for our local first aid society. As I do the payments all online and play with Excel tables, it was only a five minute job. Then I had one of those invoices to pay for myself, also online so that was dealt with. The Chinese New Year being just around the corner on 07.02.2008 it is better to deal with you debts now, before anything happens as Confuscius probably said and it being the year of the rat you never know. My cats seem to think it will be a good year.

I devoted a certain amount of time this afternoon to a new photo for our first aid web site. I had been meaning to do it for some time. I had collected some 100 photos over the past couple of years so combined them for a new introduction photo. Up to now I had a photo of the two villages, which was getting a bit boring with time. Here is the result of my efforts

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


You won't find me anywhere - someone had to take the photos. And now it is time to feed the family once again. Until the next time

No comments:

Post a Comment