Followers

Friday 25 December 2015

Daily Prompt: Generous genies

Remember those lovely genies who grant wishes? Well, you’re one and you’ve just been emancipated from your restrictive lamp. You can give your three wishes to whomever you want. Who do you give your three wishes to, and why?

I do remember those lovely genies who granted wishes, they were in my dreams and I made so many wishes, that I think they forgot to note most of them. Now I can do it again and again because I did it the last time only on 6th July for WordPress Generous Genies 6.07.2014 and now I can do it once more, but of course I now have to find something else to write, because I cannot post the same again.

I am not a Christmas person, do not even have a Christmas tree, and enjoy the season because the others enjoy it and why not. I just thought that perhaps, with one little ounce of respect and interest, WordPress might find something to do with the festive season on 25th December, but that is wishful thinking of course. So my answer to this prompt is that I give my three wishes to the Daily Prompt WordPress team in the hope that they find something new to prompt. I have been in this daily prompt game for a couple of years now and it is just over a year that they began to repeat them all again, so come on daily prompt, prompt yourselves for something original, conforming to the season. It’s Christmas, you know 24, 25, and 26th December when people give gifts to others and the season of goodwill to all men: use your wishes wisely Daily Prompt.

So now I have got that off my chest, but I am not really in a prompt mood at the moment. it began with a sneeze on 20th December and amounted to a complete health breakdown by 23rd December when I more or less spent the day in bed thinking about writing my last will and testimony. Thank goodness for a Mr. Swiss that braved his way into the supermarket on 23rd and dealt with the Christmas food shopping. In between coughs, sneezes and other symptoms I even mange to knock up a meal of some sorts for the family on that day before again retiring to my bed for the afternoon. 

Door

This was the only view I had for a day from my hospital/invalid/bedroom. I  took a nice strong knock out tablet in the evening between coughs and slept only to awake for a coughing session in the early morning in the WC as I did not want to wake my sleeping partner, although he could probably not overhear the noise but decided to ignore it. On Wednesday 24th December I awoke and realised that at last I was back pain free and could again arise as normal as I usually can and even walk, although the symptoms had now spread to my inner ears, which resulted in a Menière attack, causing giddiness by every movement which I still have and am now also taking my special tablets. 

I decided to venture with Mr. Swiss to the supermarket to collect my meat order as our Christmas celebration begins on christmas Eve in Switzerland. Somehow things were now on the upward curve and today I am almost a normal functioning body.

You may have noticed my absence from the daily prompt for the last two days, and now you know why. I did not even look at a computer for two days which is an all time record since the discovery of Windows 1.0. It was my Christmas wish perhaps to me, I leaned how to live without a computer, at least for two days. 

So be warned daily prompt, use your wishes wisely. There are not many of us die hard golden oldies left in this deserted grid world of old prompts, and not many of us left to tell the the stories of how it used to be when we were all young and lovely and ready to go.


Oh and happy Christmas and all that jazz from me and keep healthy. Be careful of this blog, I hope it is not contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment