Followers

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: The Feline Sandwich

If a restaurant were to name something after you, what would it be? Describe it. (Bonus points if you give us a recipe!)



Bobinette and the mouse

“Oh look Tabby, Bobinette, our ex neighbour preparing for a mouse sandwich, although I think there is something wrong with this prompt. Do we eat sandwiches Tabby?”

“Not really, unless you would take the mouse and place it between two slices of human stuff called bread, although personally I am not averted to the odd potato chip.”

“Yes, I noticed Tabby, Mrs. Human always throws you one or two when she is eating them. She cannot resist the begging look in your eyes.”

“I beg your pardon Fluffy, I do not beg. I use my telepathic waves of force to ensure that she volunteers one or two potato chips.”

“I don’t like them Tabby, I prefer my mouse pure, fluffy and not chopped. I always start at the …….”

“Fluffy, remember this prompt will be read by human eyes and their brain does not always digest our basic feline meanings, so spare them the feline details of mouse eating.”

“But Bobinette even did a demonstration for Mrs. Human’s camera. By the way where is Bobinette now?”

“She sent me a pawmail and said that her humans have now built a nice big house with territory as far as the feline eye can see.”

“But we are shortsighted Tabby.”

“I will continue. Despite being short sighted we can sense the presence of food miles away. That is our long sight which is unique amongst felines. Anyhow she is OK and now and again a mouse still crosses her path. She said something about putting on weight and today the mice seem to outrun her. One of the disadvantages eating too much.”

“I have never eaten too much Tabby.”

“Of course you have. I always leave a polite remainder in my dish and you come along and finish it, especially if it is tuna.”

“That the way to do it Tabby. My mum said take what you can, life is like a tin of tuna fish, you never know when it’s empty.”


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you spared us the gory details lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen too many of those "if it moves kill it" events where my cats were involved.

      Delete
  2. I would guess Fluffy was about to say 'start at the head' because I often see decapitated mice left by my neighbour's cat outside his door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably do begin at the head. when my cats ate a mouse (and actually Fluffy was the only one that really devoured them) the tail and the bit behind it was always left over.

      Delete