Followers

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Daily Prompt: The Happy Wanderer

What’s your travel style? Are you itinerary and schedule driven, needing to have every step mapped out in advance or are you content to arrive without a plan and let happenstance be your guide? What’s happenstance?

I do not do travel styles and as a golden oldie only travel to get from A to B. Today adventure time was announced, it was a day a bit different.  I decided at the beginning of the week that my hair needed a trim, no a cut. My scalp wanted to breathe the fresh air. I was getting a sort of psychological break down because of my hair. It was not long, it was not short, it was everywhere. I grabbed the telephone and made an appointment. Heidi, my hairdresser said “we will think about  what to do. Perhaps I will have an idea”. Mr. Swiss said it is OK, have it cut short again. A perfect reaction to a haircut that was no longer a haircut. If the front piece had been coloured blue or red, I would have won the competition for the perfect punker golden oldie.

Everything was planned at the hairdresser for this afternoon at 4.15. Unfortunately the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray. It came to pass that Mr. Swiss had an unexpected doctor’s appointment this afternoon at 3.45. Are you in the picture? We have one car and there was no other alternative except to walk and I was not walking to town. One of us could take the local train, but there again to comply with the time table you would have to leave early. As we are both sensible people and discuss things, it was decided that we would both go to town with the car. Mr. Swiss would go to his doctor appointment and I would shop for a few forgotten items. 


It seemed to be an afternoon when the roads were full of lunatics.


Dornacherplatz, Solothurn

This is a photo of our so-called fringe area of the town. We were driving along on the main road on the right and a car decided to approach from a small side street, just before the curve you can see on the left. This car did not stop and as we were on the main road, we also had no intention to stop. Mr. Swiss managed to brake in the nick of time and the couple in this car from the side street had the audacity to wave their hands meaning we should reverse so that they could drive into the main road. Profanities were uttered on my side with a few negative hand signs and we drove on. If Mr. Swiss had not stopped there would have been a collision. 

We entered the park house. I paid a visit to the supermarket in the meanwhile.The snails in my garden were all set to attack and I noticed they had been polishing their teeth and streamlining their bodies to pounce, so I bought anti snail ammunition at the supermarket for my garden and afterwards arrived at the hairdressers.

“Oh it does look rather tousled” Heidi said referring to my hair. Actually she used the word “strubellig” which is German and is a little stronger than tousled.

She had a brilliant idea to transform my punker lookalike hairstyle into something really good, but I decided to play safe and return to the prison cut. The one where I just have a shower and let it dry afterwards. In the meanwhile Mr. Swiss phoned to say his doctor visit was finished and whether I was ready to go home. As I was sitting in a hairdresser saloon waiting for the scissor attack, I told him to go ahead and drive home. I would follow later with the local train. Heidi did a perfect cut, I felt again like a human being who trusted herself to mix with the masses and arrived home tired but happy. Mr. Swiss found it was a perfect cut.

So let us not talk about boring travel arrangements. You have to take it as it comes and have fun, even if another car on the road decided to do a kamikaze stunt from a side street, after all nobody is perfect.


When I arrived home I planted my rose tree that I had purchased in the morning at the local supermarket and embedded it in some earth. Yes, it was a busy day and now I am finishing it catching up on my daily prompt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment