Followers

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: The Happy Feline Wanderer

What’s your travel style? Are you itinerary and schedule driven, needing to have every step mapped out in advance or are you content to arrive without a plan and let happenstance be your guide?



Tabby

“Just one paw before the other, that is my travel style. What about you Fluffy?”

“More or less the same Tabby, but as I do not see anything I use my nose together with the paws to smell the way. I do not get this itinerary and schedule thing, is that something human?”

“Seems to be Fluffy, we just go where the senses take us. I remember a memorable walk last year I could have wandered for hours, it was such fun. At every turn in the path there was a mouse hole, or an interesting bird just waiting to be pounced on. I could have stayed all night.”

“Ah yes, I remember that one Tabby. That was when Mrs. Human got all sort of worked up and went on a search for you. She seemed to be quite worried, but I think she found you eventually.”

“Yes, I remember. I actually thought Mrs. Human wanted to join in with me, like a game of stalking each other. I saw her approach and so I dived further into the bushes. She was calling Tabby and that funny whistling noise she makes, as if she thought I would suddenly appear. Of course I ignored her as I had just discovered another mouse nest.”

“But I think she found you.”

“No Fluffy, I found her.  We don’t want her to think that I came running because she was getting all worked up and worried. I decided it was time to go home as I was feeling hungry and then she saw me. She thought she was guiding me back home, but actually I was leading.”

“She seemed happy to see you again Tabby and she even rewarded us with a plate of our favourite meal, tuna fish.”


“Of course she did Fluffy, that was part of the plan.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh my; the little beasties are the same world over by the look at this Pat. That is exactly what Minx did. I too take one step at a time, one day at a time, have done for ages now. Just learnt to expect the unexpected too.Back to square one anxiety wise but fighting through it.

    Hope you are well. Is it spring where you are Pat? Our autumn is more like winter already. :-(

    ReplyDelete