Followers

Monday 8 December 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: One at a Time

Today, write a post about the topic of your choice — using only one-syllable words.

NO


And now to something more intelligent.



Christmas Tree Migros 2014

Our local supermarket put up the annual Christmas tree outside last week, so here it is. I played a bit with the effects, who wants a normal average Christmas tree, something special for a special blog.

Now a small explanation. I do not write with one-syllable words, it is not worth the effort and the exhaustion of my brain cells.  The first sentence in my first reader when I was five years old at school was “The Cat Sat On The Mat” and I believe I have progressed to other things since. My Tabby cat likes to sit on the mat in the bathroom, but that is because it is an enclosed room, there are no threats from outside, and we have floor heating: the perfect feline resting place.

I also find this blog an obstruction to my chances of winning my Pulitzer/Nobel Prize for blog of the year. How can I develop my command of the values of my blogging talents when I am told to write in words of one syllable. Did Charles Dickens or Ken Follet write in this fashion? Do our politicians hold their speeches in this way? Even the last word of Napoleon Bonaparte was “Josephine” and that is more syllables than one. So my last commentary and words on this memorable blog subject are “Forget it”. 

I would prefer to write a blog about the complexiities of the Welsh town Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. This town name has more syllables than one, it has many and if you understood Welsh you would realise that it has a meaning and if you want to know it, have a look in Wikipedia. They once had a railway station and its sign was famous all over the British Isles as being the longest with its 53 letters, so don’t talk to me about one syllable words, they are a waste of time.

I am also not so good at topics of my choice because when I visit the daily prompt, I expect to be prompted to write about something. Today I have the feeling that I am in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am not known as a person of few words, and definitely not monosyllabic or whatever. I like to go around three corners before I come to the point. It engages the attention of the person I am talking to and makes life interesting. 

This morning I had a little accident, not really, and it was entirely my own fault. It was before breakfast, I had only been on my feet for a few minutes and for some strange reason I decided to organise the cat food which is distributed in two bowls. I usually do this after an hour exercise with the vacuum cleaner, when I am fit and ready to go. However, I was too early for the job and stooped to collect the stray vitamin pellets next to the dishes. My knees decided to give up and lo and behold I was sitting on the kitchen floor. There was no pain or bone breakage, just a general weakness originating in the knees. Mr. Swiss came running and decided to pick me up. After five minutes of trying we were successful, although I was still shaky on my legs, but was sure it could only get better. I think he made a remark about me losing weight, but I overheard it.

This combined with the fact that Mr. Swiss has only 80% sight from the right eye at the moment, we have a few problems. I am now the chauffeur as it is not wise for him to drive. I am convinced I have everything under control, although he sometimes gives advice when we are on the road - no comment.


Time to go and I am so excited about tomorrow’s daily prompt subject. “Write about anything using words beginning with “x””, now that will be fun.


1 comment:

  1. It was a pretty silly idea for today's prompt, I agree. Thanks for mentioning our famous town with the longest name!!

    ReplyDelete