Followers

Tuesday 19 February 2008

A Busy Monday

Things never seem to turn out the way you plan them. The week got off to quite a good start. I arrived at work to be greeted by the barking of a dog. Now it is not very often that you have a dog barking in an office, but we are very animal friendly where I work. I have 3 cats, a friend of mine has a 10 Kg Main Coon cat at home and my boss has two dogs at home and, and, and. I think if I counted all the pet owners in the company where I work it would be at least half of the people working there. Another colleague has a dog, Taps. I think you may have met him before. Now and again he cannot be left alone at home - so he arrives in the office on Monday morning.

Deutsch: Sachen sind nie so wie sie sollte sein oder wie man sie plant. Die Wocheanfang war gut. Ich kam an in Büro zu der Begrüssungs bellen von ein Hund. Es ist nicht sehr oft das ein Hund bellt in ein büro, aber wir sind sehr Tierfreundlich in unserem Büro. Ich habe 3 Katzen, eine Kollegin hat ein 10 KG Main Coon Katze zu Hause und mein Chef hat 2 Hünde und, und, und. Ich denke, wenn ich alle Tierbesitzer zählen in die Firma wo ich arbeite, es war sicher die Hälfte von aller. Noch ein Kollegin hat ein Hund, Taps. Ich glaube Ihr habt ihn schon kennengelernt. Ab und zu kann er nicht zu Hause bleiben alleine - und so er kommt in Büro am Montag morgen.


Taps in the office

He naturally has to bring his toys with him to make sure he doesn't get home sick. Note the patriotic blanket with the Swiss cross. After all he is a Swiss born and bred short haired retriever, although he does not retrieve very much as he usually carries it all aound in his mouth. He is quite well behaved, hardly ever barks and the only noise you really hear is when he drinks water which sounds like a waterfall falling onto the rocks.

Deutsch: Er bringt natürlich seine Spielzeug mit ihn, um sicher zu sein, das er nicht Heimweh bekommt. Merkt die patriotische Decke mit die Schweizerkreuz. Er ist doch in der Schweiz geboren und gezuchtet, ein Kurhaar Retriever, zwar er holt nicht so viel, weil er gewöhnlicherweise trägt seine Sachen in dem Mund. Er ist gut erzogen, bellt fast nie und die einzige Lärm is wenn er trinkt Wasser - tönt wie das Platschen von ein Wasserfall auf Steine.

And now for something different. Another colleague was again in the snow and ice in the mountains at the week-end - near St. Moritz in the Kanton of Grisons. He once sent some wonderful photos of the Bernese Overland in snow, so this time I got a photo of Piz Nair (Piz is the word for peak in Romanisch - the strange language spoken in the region). He took the photo with his mobile telephone.

Deutsch: Und jetzt für etwas ganz anders. Noch ein Kollege war wieder in die Schnee und Eis in die Berge am Wochende - in der Nähe von St. Moritz in Kanton Graubünden. Er hätte einmal so wunderschöne Fotos von die Bernerüberland geschickt, und jetzt habe ich ein schöne Foto von Piz Nair bekommen (Piz ist romantsch für Bergspitz ich glaube - Romantsch spricht man in diese Gegend). Er hat das Foto mit seine Händy aufgenommen.

Piz Nair, (St. Moritz)


When I arrived home in the evening I had a surprise. There was a card from my colleagues in the first aid group not to forget the committee meeting on 18.02.2008. I was surprised as I did not know anything about this, and realised that I was a VIP as I had to do the budget for this year with the boss and had not prepared anything. A quick phone call and it seems that the last time when I was a death's door with flu (well I felt like it), they all went to the local restaurant for a drink or two (or three or perhaps four) and on the way home decided to have a meeting on 18th before our annual general meeting, but forgot to tell me. I got ready what I could, and went to the meeting, but left again after 2 hours, as I had planned my evening in another way. I had some washing to do and the East Enders was on the TV, there was just no time left for a blog. So that was Monday. Tuesday morning I dragged myself into the kitchen for something to eat for breakfast and Nera, my big fat black cat, was waiting for me on the kitchen tiles.

Deutsch: Wenn ich ankam zu Hause am Abend, ich hätte ein Überraschung. Es war ein Postkarte von meine Samariterkollege, dass ich ja nicht vergisse unsere Vorstands Sitzung am 18.02.2008. Ich war überrascht, weil ich wüsste nichts und da ich ein VIP bin wegen die Besprechung mit unsere Chef für die Budget für diese Jahr, müsste ich eigentlich Sache vorbereiten. Ein schenell Telephonat und es scheint das wenn ich war Totkrank in Januar (also es kommte mich so vor) war ich nicht dabei. Die andere war in Restaurant gegangen für ein Trink (oder 2, 3, vielleicht sogar mehr) und bevore sie zu Hause ging entschied für ein Sitzung am 18. Februar. Ich machte mich auf dem Weg mit die Unterlage was ich hätte aber nach 2 Stunde war wieder zu Hause. Ich müsste mit mein Waschmaschine spielen, und schliesslich war die East Enders am Britische Fernsehen - ich hätte einfach kein Zeit mehr für einen Blog. Das was Montag. Dienstag morgen schleppte ich mich in die Küche für etwas zu essen für meine Morgenessen und Nera, meine grosse dicke schwarze Katze wartet auf mich in die Küche.


Nera studying something

No comments:

Post a Comment