Followers

Thursday 20 December 2007

The Days before Christmas in the Office

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was cold this morning.There were even very small snow flakes falling (although more like little ice crystals) so I was hoping on my way to work that we didn't have a layer of ice on the road by the time I got there. I dropped my son off at his workplace on the way and continued listening to warnings on the radio about being careful when driving, it could be dangerous. Our area seemed to be clear of ice and I arrived safely in the office.

Today was a quieter day as up to now and I think that slowly the business world has realised that we will be closing down until the new year. Our office has also started to look a bit more on the Christmas side. One of the girls collects angels, so she decorated her workplace accordingly. Although I found why collect them - after all us girls in the office are mostly all angels (except when we get a bit catty).


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I went through the usual morning routine, scanning yesterday's records. Files don't exist any more - everything electronic - I have often wondered what would happen ifsomeone pulled the plug out. I was then offered a Christmas biscuit. One of the colleagues mother had been baking for Christmas. They were all Italian style bisuits as the mother is Italian.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the men in the office who is usually on the road as a rep, said he was surprised that we women in the office didn't put weight on all the time. Everytime he was in the office he noticed we always had plenty of cakes and sweet stuff around. I must say that Christmas is no big exception in our office. There is always something to eat.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's just that at Christmas there is a bit more. The above picture shows the croissants left over from the coffee break, together with the peanuts and chocolate that always seem to appear in the office towards December and stay until January (my desk on the right with the open drawer where I keep my handbag). I myself am not supposed to eat the sweet stuff but even I do now and again get tempted. Just don't bother to measure the carbon values on those days. Now here we have something typically Swiss.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On the lefthand side there is a paper bag containing Basel Läckerli, a Christmas speciality of the town of Basle. Two of the Läckerli can be seen in front of the bag. They are very spicy and naturally calory bombs. It is better to keep the bag closed, otherwise they can become very hard. The tin box has a general mixture of sweet stuff, to be found in the office all year round.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Of course, we also display the various Christmas cards we get. Not so many any more as a lot of companies have decided to send electronic ones. My desk can been seen in the photo on the extreme righthand side.The one with the cat pictures pinned to the divider. So that is Christmas in our office. Tomorrow is the last day before the holiday and I was pleased to hear today that all orders stop at lunchtime. That means processing and sending and everything finished by four in the afternoon, so it looks like we will have some time to have a drink of something or the other (for me just mineral water) and to wish all a Happy Christmas and New Year.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment