Followers

Thursday 25 October 2007

An Evening Out




I just had to post this video. It is one of the funniest I have ever seen and almost true. At the moment in the cold weather the cats don't go out so much in the evening. We have a cat flap but the problem is that one of our cats is blind through an accident he had a couple of years ago. He gets around quite well, but I wouldn't like to let him out on his own. He would find the way back, I am sure, but he just doesn't notice danger any more. That means that if our cats are out when we go to bed, that is ok, as they can come in again, but the cat flap is locked, so if they want to go out again (usually around 4 in the morning) they start scratching on the bedroom door. In the case of our fat black cat, she doesn't scratch, but pounds upon it and it sounds like a sledge hammer is at work.

My blind cat, Fluffy, usually sleeps through the night. He is awake about 5.30 in the morning and acts as my alarm clock. As he is a tom cat he makes the most noise when he miaws. The situation in the film above is almost realistic. If they do happen to get in the bedroom early in the morning it is one big pawing session until you take notice of them. I remember before we had the cats we decided they would not: be in the bedroom, climb on the table in the kitchen, not be fed from the table etc. etc. These ideas lasted about 2 hours after my sweet little kittens arrived and now they have taken over.

They are letting me out this evening. I have an evening with our local 1st aid group and the last evening for completing the first aid help course. I don't even know what the topic is this evening, but will will probably be dealing with someone that has had an accident. Lots of blood and broken bones (naturally all artificial) I sometimes wonder if I would be any good if anything happened. In any case I am on the list for people to help if their is a mass accident somewhere in the area. Being the only person in the groups that knows what a computer is about, I will be armed with my camera this evening to take a few photos to update our small web site. When I asked if they wanted a web site, one of the members asked "is that a www" so I told her Yes. A week later she asked if it was already working. I sort of explained that a web site is not born in a day, at least the ones I make, and until I have all the information and photo material it would take a time. I spent a year on it, but I wasn't really in a hurry. I had to wait a bit for the text as I cannot write German very well, just speak it. Anyhow one way or the other it exists and everyone seems to be happy with it. I am also in charge of the financial side of our group, again because I am the only one that knows how excel works.

The weather is very cold at the moment, but no snow yet. Our car is ready to go, equipped with its Winter tyres. I just don't know if I am ready to go if it snows.

No comments:

Post a Comment