Followers

Wednesday 5 December 2012

WordPress Daily Prompt - Hobson's choice

If you had to choose between being able to write a blog (but not read others’) and being able to read others’ blogs (but not write your own), which would you pick? Why?
Sheep in Feldbrunnen


You might just as well ask “Why do you blog?”. Certainly not to read what the others write in the first place, but to put my own ideas on paper, to inform what I am thinking, what is moving me at the moment. I am not a sheep like the photo, that just follows my nose for a piece of grass.
I blog because I want to. If I want to read then I do. If I compete in a challenge, then of course I read what others have to say. I always thought that was the idea of a challenge. You yourself are challenged to write your ideas and when you have devoted your time and concentration in sending the message you have, you look to see the messages others have.
Hobson’s choice? I think not, just fun and enjoyment. This is not a competition but a pleasant pasttime to enjoy and savour.


Daily Prompt: Hobson’s Choice – Click here

3 comments:

  1. It seems a pretty redundant question really. If you cannot write your own posts, what would be the point of being online in the first place? Just to read what others have written? I don't think so.

    Not sure what's wrong with that link, but it caused my computer to have a fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that daily prompt also a bit stupid. I think most of us did. Have now corrected the link. In the last few days I often have to correct my html text, the text gets a wrong command somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shakes head* .......... I have been trying to finihs my blog for 2 days now, but so busy reading others. I truly love to read of all your lives and thoughts and seeing photographs, the time though is limited. Then again, why would others bother to read my silly ramblings if I never read theirs, it does work both ways, I think, at least in a group, though at times I land up on a strangers page and gets totally absorbed reading, of course not expecting them to come read or look at my drivels. Hugs you

    ReplyDelete