Followers

Saturday 11 October 2008

Saturday in Town

Bookshop in Solothurn

As some may know I managed to get my first (and probably my only) book published last week. Today I noticed that two copies had been sold. I know a colleague of mine had bought a copy, but have no idea who bought the other copy. I was told to take my book along to the local bookshop and see what they would do. I decided they could only say "no" so I went along. As I wanted to buy a book (I still have book tokens) I decided to combine both. The lady in the bookshop was very pleased and enthusiastic. She said one copy was already on order and if I could leave two copies they would put them in the english book section and I could go along in January to see what had happened in the meanwhile. If they get sold they would naturally refund the money. I thought fair enough so let us see what happens. I wonder if J.K. Rowling had such problems with her Harry Potter, probably not.

St. Urs Cathedrale, Solothurn

Original Size

I was naturally armed with my camera as usual and took once again a photo of our St. Urs cathedral - I think that is the most photographed object in our town. It was a warm sunny Autumn afternoon and I noticed about 4 or our town hostesses (yes, we have them as well) were showing groups of tourists, foreign and otherwise around our town. I had to do a little bit of shopping but not very much, so made my way home. It is a twenty minute walk into town and again back. The doctor told me it was important that I get more exercise (it seems sitting at the computer is not the solution) and the price of a one way ticket on the local street train being three swiss francs, I did not need a lot of persuasion. It was really a wonderful day.


Cemetery, Solothurn, Autumn colours

Original Size

Walking past the entrance to the town cemetery I noticed there were some nicely coloured trees in Autumn colours. I had to cross to the other side of the road. The train lines are on that side of the road and one of the local stations. Behind the station there is a field used for horses. Today they were all out grazing in the sun so I took a couple of photos before arriving home.


Horses in Feldbrunnen

Original Size


Horses in Feldbrunnen

Original Size

No comments:

Post a Comment