Followers

Sunday 5 August 2007

Tabby - the secret agent


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Stupid film that one. can't even have a quiet lick - the humans always seem to think there is something mysterious about me, but I think I am just a "normal" cat.

I live quite happily with a couple of humans that feed me and more or less leave me alone - not always but most of the time - that's why I am quite happy. My sister, Nera, also lives here as well and a strange small cat called Grögu (Selkirk rex or something like that). Basically everything is fine as long as I can do what I want.

My main aim in life is actually to get enough sleep, but that is not always so easy. First of all I have to find a comfortable sheltered place to curl up in and drift off. My favourites places are cupboards, bathrooms and in high places where I can survey everything. Cupboards because they usually contain nice warm pullovers, nice and soft. The bathroom is a very cosy place, not only 4 walls closing you in, but a heated floor. Imagine the nice feeling when you lay on a bathroom rug, warm and soft. I particularly enjoy the mornings when I come home after a night out. One of my humans is usually still sleeping so I cuddle up on her bed for a comfortable half an hour. If I am lucky, she wakes up and then I get head strokes and tummy tickles, that is cat bliss.

Like all well organised and logical cats, the night is there for exploring. When sky darkens, something inside says out and about. There are interesting things happening in the fields. First of all I eat a bite to keep me going, give up a miaw as a signal that I want to go out (sometimes just sitting in front of the window with a far off look in my eyes does the trick) and then the way is open.

I don't have a watch and to be quite honest don't really know what time has to do with a cat's life. When I go, I go and when I come home, it's because I am hungry. I noticed this week there was a small problem at the human's place because of me. I had been out, as an exception, most of the day as we had some nice warm weather and there was a few things happening outside. Insects moving in the grass, and from a distance I could even hear mice feet (although I didn't see any). On this day I went to sleep late during the day and noticed that the humans also disappeared early in the evening. It was quite noisy outside and my sister Nera said that happens once a year - something called New Year's eve. My humans eventually got home and I was ready to go, so the door was opened and I was gone - sister Nera came to, although she did her own thing.

It was a lovely, lively night. There were creatures crawling along the ground and the mouseholes resembled Times Square, New York on New Year's Eve (Oh - we cats are not so stupid as you think). In any case I had a wonderful time. Springing in all directions, patiently waiting with a paw down a mousehole and I even caught a couple. It was a cat's night out with all the trimmings. One just forgets how the time passes. I noticed that Nera had already gone home, but I wasn't in a hurry. Eventually my stomach told me it was time for it to get filled up again, so I went home for a quick visit to have a fill. Usually when I go home, it is quite dark, but as time had gone so quickly I could use my daylight sight with no problem.

It had started raining in the meantime. Usually I am not very happy when water comes from above (from below it doesn't really matter), but I was enjoying myself so much, even this did not bother me. I eventually reached my home for a quick visit. Unfortunately it seems that my humans were quite excited. When I walked in loud voices were asking where I had been, and it seems they were worried about me. I mean, the humans don't always come home if they are having a good time, and we cats are not really different. I suppose our idea of a good time is different to the human one.

After having a bite to eat I decided to go and see how nature was progressing and whether there were any livestock around to chase. Unfortunately my humans found I had been away long enough and the door was locked. They even put a cloth around me muttering something about me be wet and dirty. I was going to have a good lick in any case.

Needless to say the rest of the day was spent inside, but no problem. My first love is the great outdoors at night, but my second is sleep.

Me, sleeping in the bathroom
Image


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments:

Post a Comment