Followers

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Daily Feline Prompt: Unpopular

Tell us about a time when you had to choose between two options, and you picked the unpopular choice.

Tabby

“Tabby could you perhaps turn your head to look at the camera.”

“No Mrs. Human, that is a very unpopular choice.”

“But not for me, I would love to take a portrait of you for your blog.”

“I am not looking my best today Mrs. Human. I still feel tired.”

“But you have slept for the last four hours.”

“Exactly and that is not enough. I need at least 8 hours rest. We felines have an exhausting life.”

“It seems to me you do not really work hard. There is always food, your recycling tray is cleaned and you can come and go as you please.”

“That is the problem Mrs. Human. Decisions to make all the time. Shall I eat, sleep or take a walk. It is very exhausting. If I eat, I look out the window and see 20 sparrows eating on the bird house and so I should go for a walk to watch them closer.”

“You do not have to go anywhere Tabby, you can still watch them through the window.”

“That is not the same thing Mrs. Human. We felines have to be part of the action, be there and do it. No just watching is a very unpopular choice. The birds would lose their respect for me and would laugh at me as being the feline that watches through the window. Not to mention if the word would spread amongst my feline enemies that I sit behind the window.”

“So now you are going outside for some exercise.”

“Oh no Mrs. Human, I have to think about that. It would be an unpopular decision to leave the comfort of my home just to watch the birds from outside. I will have to sleep over it.”

“But you have been sleeping all day.”

“Exactly, that is a popular decision, especially amongst us felines.”


2 comments:

  1. I bet if you had offered a plate of tuna at that moment, it would have instantly become the more popular choice than sleeping!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. although her taste for tuna is diminishing. She now only drinks the juice. I wonder if she is being spoilt.

      Delete