Followers

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Daily Prompt: Fandom

Are you a sports fan? Tell us about fandom. If you’re not, tell us why not.

I remember the word Fandom from the last time we got this prompt. I had never heard of it then and I did not remember it this time, which shows how much my sportsmanship exists. In my younger days I was a keen follower of football, but I wrote all about it the last time I did this repeated blog and do not intend to write it all again. 


Suffice it to be said that in later years I now and again like to watch a football (soccer) match on the television, but I no longer feel the urge to stand in the stadium in the cold weather for 90 minutes watching  22 grown men kick a ball around. Of course if the player is attractive enough to warrant more than a glance, I take more interest.This was the case years ago when the Dutch goalkeeper Erwin Van der Sar was playing for the english team Manchester United. I even went to the lengths of taking a photo from the television.

Champions League Cup Final 2009

He retired in 2011 and since I have no great interest in sports.


So I have fulfilled my duty for this prompt and do not have a lot more to say. I am still suffering from my nose cold which is now a head cold and my head does not feel like concentrating writing anything at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I have always been an 'armchair' sports fan, and in certain sports (table-tennis, badminton and archery) even took part!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my younger days at school I was in the school land hockney team, but that is long ago. I am now in training for the computer championships from my office chair, more up my street

      Delete