Followers

Saturday 26 December 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Un/Faithful at Catmas

Tell us about the role that faith plays in your life — or doesn’t.

Tabby

“It plays a very important part in my life Mrs. Human. I believe in opposable thumbs, but unfortunately do not have them.”

“You do not need them Tabby, you have me to help.”

“It is not the same thing Mrs. Human. I do not need you to help, I need you to read my whiskers and act accordingly.”

“But you have everything you could wish for. A full dish of food, a bowl of water and at least three different places to choose for a comfortable place to sleep, as well as a recycling tray that is regularly emptied and cleaned. What more could you wish for.”

“It is all a matter of faith Mrs. Human. I have to wait until you act according to my wishes.”

“But I am always at your beck and call.”

“Not quite. Look at me Mrs. Human, do you think I am happy at the moment.”

“I see a feline in deep thought.”

“That is not deep thought, that is an experimental phase of mind over matter. I was reading that you can apply brain waves to activate thoughts if you do not have opposable thumbs, but it does not work.”

“I don’t quite understand.”

“Of course not Mrs. Human, Humans understand only what they want to. I was concentrating on the closed and sealed tin of tuna fish on the table with the power of thought.”

“And?”

“Exactly nothing is happening. It should have opened.”

“But there is a crack on the top.”

“Really.”

“And it is getting larger, Tabby, you have done it, the tin is open.”

“I can do it.”

“Tabby what is that bright light shining through the window and enveloping you in a aura.”

“Bastet sent me. It is Catmas and each feline has a wish granted.”

“Who said that Mrs.Human?”

“It wasn’t me, must be that Feline with the Golden Whiskers that just appeared.”

“Oh Mrs. Human, it is son of Bastet granting my wish. The tuna fish tin is open. You can remove your sun glasses Mrs. Human, the Catmas Feline has gone and now serve my tuna fish.”

“You can open tuna fish tins Tabby?”

“It was my Catmas wish Mr. Human.”

“You mean…….”

“Don’t ask, these things happen now and again if you are a feline and we never ask questions.”


No comments:

Post a Comment