Followers

Friday 13 November 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Feline RSVP

Plan the ultimate celebration for the person you’re closest to, and tell us about it. Where is it? Who’s there? What’s served? What happens?

tabby

“Tabby I said smile, not make a ferocious jungle animal “I will eat you for dinner” pose. It is a photo to show all your wonderful feline friends on the invitation to the party.”

“Huh, Meow, party, invitation? I must still be sleeping, those nightmares get worse every day.”

“No Tabby, I thought it would be a nice gesture to invite some of your feline colleagues to let them get to know you and how you live.”

“Err Mrs. Human, my colleagues are felines as you rightly emphasise and felines do not get to know you, unless they are planning a territorial takeover. When they arrive they will note every space where the food is stored for future attacks. They will paw through my territory outside my home and plan a takeover. My days will never be safe again. No party, no get together and no colleagues.”

“But I was thinking that you were perhaps feeling lonely on your own at home.”

“On the contrary Mrs. Human, I am not alone. My thoughts are occupied with building a psychological barrier between myself and the others.

At first I was afraid I was petrified
Thinking I couldn't live without felines by my side
And I've been spending nights
Thinking how they could do wrong
And I grew strong
And I learned how to get along
And now I’m here
In my own space
And no longer do I have a  sad look upon my face
I should have changed that stupid cat flap
And marked a territorial key
If I've known for a second that they would be back to bother me
I will not go, walk out the door
Not turn around again
Other felines are not welcome anymore
They are the ones who try to hurt me with meows
I will not crumble
I will not lay down and die?
No, not I, I will survive

to the tune of Felines always survive by Gloria Gaynor Sharpened Claws. It was top of the feline Hit Parade last year, remember.”


“I think you have made your scratch mark Tabby, forget the whole party, just sleep.”

2 comments:

  1. No doubt Tabby's next song will be Lou Rex's 'Purrrfect Day'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think she will be ask for a next song. Her voice is somewhat monotonous.

      Delete