Followers

Saturday 10 October 2015

Daily Prompt: Can't Drive 55

Thirteenth Month old baby broke the looking glass
Superstition - Stevie Wonder

Take the third line of the last song you heard, make it your post title, and write for a maximum of 15 minutes. GO!

This is a wonder of the modern electronic system that surrounds my existence. The last time I listened to a song was so long ago, probably this morning, that I was not really listening and do not remember what the song was. First action: go to your Radio 32 Goldies App on your iPhone and listen to what is being played. Radio 32 is a local station and has two programmes. The one for the news and latest hits and the one for me, goldies. I love goldies, they are old, and my sort of thing. Anyhow I decided whatever it is I will not know the third line. That was the second part of my electronic journey. I found the lyrics of the song on Internet, so I was half way there.

Ah yes, the song was Superstition by Stevie Wonder and the third line “Thirteenth Month old baby broke the looking glass”. Yes we are getting there.


me in the mirror

The next step was a suitable photo, the problem being that I had absolutely no intentions of breaking our full length mirror or the mirror in the bath room and then I had a great idea. What I do for this repeated daily prompt stuff? We have a double mirror in the bathroom, so I positioned myself in the middle and captured the separation of the two mirrors. Using your vivid imagination you could suppose it was a crack. I then uploaded this photo onto my iPhone, used the connection to my Flickr photo programme and there we are - the wonders of modern i communication. Yes I am a walking advertisement for Apple with all its bits and pieces.

Now was the difficult part. I do not have a thirteen month old baby. The lady upstairs has a baby, which is now approximately 18 months old, so it would not qualify and although I know the lady quite well, it would have been difficult to ask if I could borrow her baby and take a photo as the baby smashed a looking glass. I am sure it would not have bothered the baby, but perhaps her mother. She might think I was teaching her baby that breaking mirrors whilst I was taking a photo was normal. It naturally goes without saying that if a 13 month old baby broke a looking glass it would be at least 7 years bad luck for all concerned. 

You must admit that I do have gifts of creativity now and again and this all this after a golden oldie midday sleep. I will now put away my iPad, iPhone and iMirror and return to normal virtual life. One thing is still not quite clear to my 69 year old brain, although perhaps it is on account of my advanced years. What does “Can’t Drive 55” have to do with this. Perhaps it is a secret language only known to those who are younger. There again Internet comes to my rescue. It seems “I can’t Drive 55” is a song by the legendary Sammy Hagar who I have never heard of. I am now listening to this wonderful piece of music in the background as I am finishing today’s blog. Yeah man it really swings - at least I think so, no I am really too old for this sort of thing.


2 comments:

  1. By an odd coincidence I was listening to that same Stevie Wonder song in the car on the way home from work yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just happened to be the song they were playing when I began to write. I often listen to the oldies, takes me back to when I was young and almost lovely.

      Delete