Followers

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: The New Feline School

You get to redesign school as we know it from the ground up. Will you do away with mice, birds and solving territorial disputes? What skills and knowledge will your school focus on imparting to kittens?

Tabby

“I think I will sleep through this one Mrs. Human.”

“But I was sure you would design the perfect education for a kitten.”

“Mrs. Human, kittens should be seen and not heard, and sometimes it is better when you don’t see them. They are more trouble than they are worth. Screaming for milk, fighting for their milk tap and running around in circles, getting in eveyone’s way.”

“But you never had a kitten, so how comes you know so much about them.”

“The fact that I never had a kitten was outside of my control - remember? Not that it really bothers me. I remember the days when I was a kitten, it was a fight for recognition and survival. We don’t arrive in one packs, usually anything from a four pack to a six pack and more. I was one of four and that was a fight for recognition, food and survival.”

“It coudln’t have been that bad, you made it.”

“Of course I did, but I had to fight my way through.”

“So how do you see the feline possibilities of education.”

“Mrs. Human, we are born educated. It is all in the whiskers and the paws. You are hungry so you eat, you want space, so fight your way through.”

“But I am sure your mother and father were supporting your needs.”

“Are you joking. Mum was too busy drinking to produce milk and father is a non-existent word in meow. Their work is already done in the manufacturing stages. As for all I know my dad lives in that house over the road, he wouldn’t recognise me and I wouldn’t know him. We might even have a fight over our territorial rights. Talking of which, that is something I never had to learn, it sort of came with the package deal I got when I was born.”

“Tabby you should paw a book about growing up as a feline.”


“I did, but it was rejected and classified as a horror story.”

3 comments:

  1. I think Tabby may be out of touch with modern feline teaching methods. Look up a video called 'Dear Kitten' on YouTube and show it to her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a look at that one.

      Delete
    2. Me and Mr. Swiss were crying with laughter at the first video where the kitten is new in the household. There are many and we will definitely be watching them all, they are so good and true.

      Delete