Followers

Friday 8 May 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Green-eyed Feline

We all get jealous from time to time — what wakes the green-eyed monster for you?


Untitled

“That was so comfortable Tabby on that chair next to Mrs. Human.”

“Not my sort of thing Fluffy, I prefer to be for myself. I do not share things.”

“But you are not jealous Tabby?”

“Me, jealous. I don’t have a jealous whisker on my body. I just take what I want.”

“Do you think that is a feline thing. I have never been jealous either. What is jealousy Tabby. Do you have to have green eyes to be jealous.”

“No, Fluffy, it is just a way of speaking. I have a shade of green in my eyes, but it is not a problem. What’s mine is mine and if I see something I want, I just wait patiently until I see a chance to take it.”

“You mean like when the humans are eating and the scent of tasty meat reaches our noses.”

“Yes, of course Fluffy. We just sit and wait. They get a guilty consicence and throw us a few bits and pieces.”

“But isn’t that begging.”

“Begging! Never, it’s called a guilty conscience for the humans and that is the way it should be. We felines are never jealous, we just have the trick of gentle persuasion.”

“Aha, thanks Tabby for explaining that. How comes you still have tuna fish in your dish. I want some as well.”


“Forget it Fluffy, we felines do not know jealousy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment