Followers

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Feline Idyl

What does your ideal community look like? How is it organized, and how is community life structured? What values does the community share?


Tabby and Nera - even sisters fight sometimes

“Don’t ask Fluffy, community does not exist in Meow, as you can see from the photo Mrs. Human took from myself and Nera who is now in the etnernal corn chambers. This was a loving moment where we decided to agree to disagree.”

“I can see that Fluffy, but community means being together and we are together Tabby.”

“No, Fluffy, we are not together. You have your little corner and I have mine. Due to circumstances out of our control we are forced to sometimes share a dish of food and our recycling tray, but not together. You have your moments and I have mine. We are organised without structure. By the way I noticed you were marking your territory this morning in the garden and happened to mark the ornament in the garden.”

“Yes I know, but Mrs. Human shifted it to a new place and it was in my way. She is not very organised and her values are not the same as mine.”

“That is a human value Fluffy, so we just have to try to understand. Humans are less fortunate that we felines, they have words like “share”, “agree”, “consideration” and there is a word “we” which translated into meow means “I, me and myself”. Who needs community life, if I want to be organised, I sleep for a few hours. Move over Fluffy, you are on my cushion of the day.”

“But I was here first Tabby.”

“Fluffy since when does the word “first” exist in meow. “Mine” is the word now applied.”


“OK, I will move to Mrs. Human’s sleeping cushion which is now mine.”

1 comment:

  1. I love the way cats find their own beds. Mine hardly ever sleeps in the cat bad but put a pile of washing or any clothes down anywhere where she can get on top of them and voila she has a new bed!

    ReplyDelete