Followers

Friday 16 January 2015

WordPress Daily Prompt: Agree to disagree

Do you have a good friend or close relative with whom you disagree on a major issue (political, personal, cultural)? What’s the issue, and how do you make the relationship work?



cpr dummy

“My good friend Wordy, who I always disagree with on major issues. What’s the issue? The Daily Prompt of course.”

“I see you have one of my school photos in this blog. Oh, Mrs. Angloswiss you are writing about me in your daily prompt. That was the first photo I had done after I got my lungs.”

“Yes, I would prefer a photo when you got your brains, but that probably does not yet exist. No, Wordy, I am not writing about you. You are just a product of the whole miserable situation I find myself in at the moment. And take your fingers off that chocolate cake. First of all we will have a down to earth discussion.”

“But…..”

“No buts Wordy, this is serious. I live in Switzerland not U S A. I know distance is no problem for you. They just beam you over from wherever your home is, probably somewhere in Silicon Valley, with emphasis on the Silicon, but our clocks in Switzerland are not the same as in the USA. Daily Prompters all over the states receive their Daily Prompt at approximately 7 o’clock in the morning which gives them a complete day to think about what to write. Now and again, as today and yesterday, it arrives four hours later, meaning that the english colonists living in the States still have enough daylight to write their piece of blog.”

“Yes, Mrs. Angloswiss, that is correct. Our American brothers and sisters always have time to write their prompt, even if we might be a little late due to unforeseen circumstances.”

“Wordy, you can stuff your unforeseen circumstances. I only got my prompt today at seven in the evening, after my evening meal when I want to relax, watch the TV or read a book. I do not want to sit at my computer and apply brainwork to a stupid prompt. Yesterday I was told I only use 10% of my brain, today I discovered that there are either people that do not have a brain, or lost the 10% they now and again use. I am angry and LEAVE THAT CHOCOLATE CAKE ALONE WHEN I AM SPEAKING TO YOU. And stop crying, I am the one that is crying tears of frustration.”

“But Mrs. Angloswiss, I am sure we can solve the problem in a quiet and polite way.”

“Or course we can Wordy, just make sure that the prompt arrives in time, like three in the afternoon when I have had my golden oldie sleep and am ready to go. You do not even bother to apologise or give an explanation for this negligence. You just carry on as if nothing had happened. Look we have a new prompt on the daily grid. Big deal and there are still 0 responses half an hour later. Either no-one has bothered to answer, because they cannot believe the daily prompt is really there, or they have thrown their computers away in fustration.”

“Oh, I see. Mrs. Angloswiss your face has gone quite red and your voice has got very loud. Be careful, we don’t want you to have a heart attack. My design cannot cope with nervous breakdowns and drama queens. We can only solve online problems.”

“And eat chocolate cake it seems. I am not a drama queen, at least I was not one before you arrived, now I feel like Lady MacBeth 

“Out, damned spot! Out, I say!—One, two. Why, then, ’tis time to do ’t. Hell is murky!—Fie, Wordy, fie! An android, and afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account?—Yet who would have thought the daily prompt to have had so much blood in him.”

“I didn’t quite get that Mrs. Angloswiss.”

“That was Shakespeare. I think it was the speech when Lady Macbeth went mad. She might even have killed someone, but I do not remember.”

“Mrs. Angloswiss what are you doing with that knife. It looks very dangerous.”


“Sit down Wordy and take it easy. I am only going to cut you a piece of chocolate cake - and I hope you choke on it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment