Followers

Saturday 17 January 2015

WordPress Daily Feline Prompt: Pens and Pencils and Claws

When was the last time you wrote something substantive — a letter, a story, a journal entry, etc. — by hand? Could you ever imagine returning to a pre-keyboard era?



Fluffy's paw

“Mrs. Human, as long as we have claws we do not need pens and pencils. They are not paw friendly.”

“You are right Fluffy, but I don’t think you need to write.”

“Of course we do, Mrs. Human. If we meet a feline that is not smell friendly invading our territory we have to leave a few marks on the skin with our claws to teach him to stay in his own place. Writing is  very important to us felines. Bastet said, leave your scratch mark when necessary, it is a sign of possession.”

“Bastet does not seem to be a very friendly god.”

“Feline gods are not friendly, they are mean, selfish and take what they can.”

“Oh, I see. Are you sure?”

“Of course, do not forget we are all gods, some higher than others. Now Nera, Bastet watch over her departed soul, was one of the highest. She had a direct place reserved on the right side of Bastet on an angora mouse fur cushion. She is in charge of the mouse population in the corn chambers and ensures that there is always enough to go round.”

“But if I remember rightly, Nera was a strong believer of I, me and myself, when she was still with us.”

“Of course, that was the training she needed, but now she is the top feline next to Bastet.”

“Oh, I see.”

“I don’t think you do Mrs. Human, but you are not bad for a mere homo sapiens. At least you make sure that we get our tuna fish ration twice a week.”

“Do I have a choice?”

“Not really, but we like you to think you do. And now I will sharpen my claws on the claw sharpening post and take a sleep. Oh, by the way Mrs. Human the claw sharpening threads are fraying, please replace them - by tomorrow.”

“Is that a question or a command.”


“Don’t ask silly questions Mrs. Human.”


Click here for more

No comments:

Post a Comment