Followers

Friday 28 November 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Leftovers Sandwich

Today, publish a post based on unused material from a previous piece –a paragraph you nixed, a link you didn’t include, a photo you decided not to use. Let your leftovers shine!



Sphinx cat arriving

It came creeping around the corner, the pointed ears standing erect on its hairless head.

No, the telephone is ringing.

“Hello, Villa Angloswiss.”

“Hello Mrs. Angloswiss. This is the Acme Stay Warm company. Winter is slowly arriving and we are just checking to see that you are warm enough.”

“What! Yes thank you, no problem.”

“You can never be too careful Mrs. Angloswiss. We have developed a new oven to spread the warmth in your apartment. It is gas free and will radiate its warming energy in every corner of your living space. Our representative will be in your neighbourhood this afternoon and we thought …..”

“Forget it. My heating system if perfect and I need no other. Your agent can visit another victim. Goodbye.”

I really do not have the time to discuss my heating problems which are non-existent, just my temper heats up a little bothering with such telephone calls. And now to continue my super prize winning blog. No, not again. Another telephone call.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Angloswiss. You have a problem with your computer.”

“Is that a question or a statement.”

“Mrs. Angloswiss, this is the head office of Microsoft. Please go to your computer and press enter. You will see a small sign saying click me.”

“And then?”

“Please click the sign. We can then enter your computer and cure the software problem you have. This is very important, your system is threatened and may collapse.”

“Where are you calling from? You sound very far away. And no, I will not click on anything. My husband is a software engineer and I will call him to check on your details over my computer.

Hello, hello. It seems they hung up, That always does the trick. And now to continue.”

The strange monster took slow but precise steps towards me. Its eyes glowed with the fire of hell. Its nostrils breathed smoke. I wanted to scream, but any sound I made froze in my throat. The time had arrived, and the threats were being brought to life.

“No, I don’t believe it. There is a knock at the door.”

“Hello Mrs. Angloswiss, how are you?”

“Wordy I havn’t seen you for some time, but I am very busy at the moment. Can you come back later, like tomorrow.”

“Are you busy writing today’s prompt Mrs. Angloswiss?”

“Yes, exactly and I want to continue.”

“Is it the one about the prompt with the unused material?”

“Yes Wordy, but if I stay longer at the door and talk to you it will never be used and remain unfinished.”

“Sorry Mrs. Angloswiss, but I am here on a new mission from headquarters. We want to have more personal contact with our customers. It is all part of our “Helping Hand” promotion campaign. Perhaps I can come in and sit next to you, whilst you are writing your prompt?”

“Wordy, I don’t think that is a good idea.”

“Of course it is Mrs. Angloswiss. We Wordys are always glad to be of assistance, especially when you are writing your words of wisdom.”

“Wordy where are you going. No, not on that chair, that is mine.”

“Sorry Mrs. Angloswiss, then I will draw up another chair next to it. I can look over your shoulder as you are writing your never-to-be-forgotten blog. Mrs. Angloswiss, why have you made that photo black and white. I think the coloured version is much better.”

“Because I want it black and white Wordy, to enhance the atmosphere. It is a story of mystery and horror.”

“But that is a photo of the sphinx cat that lives next door. If it was a dragon, it would be more effective.”

“Wordy I do not have any dragons in the neighbourhood.”

“Oh, I see. Shame, if you did it would be much better. But the monster’s eyes are not glowing, neither do I see smoke.”

“Wordy, I am painting a picture in words for my followers.”

“Oh, I see. Have you got today’s newspaper. I was in such a rush to get here from head office, I had no time to read it. There is an article on the latest developments in robot engineering.”

“No Wordy, I do not have today’s newspaper. Are you a robot Wordy? Ah yes of course you are. In that case if I throw you out of my apartment, you will survive, perhaps you might lose a few screws on the way.”

“Mrs. Angloswiss, you wouldn't want to hurt Wordy. I am only here to support you in your efforts for our organisation.”

“Wordy go back to head office and do some repair work on the wonderful magic grid. I am sure my colleagues would appreciate that more. Stop crying wordy, your tears will only make your skin rusty. I do not need your help or assistance. I am trying to make my leftovers shine, but the only thing that will shine here is your stainless steel nose when I polish it with my fist. Understood?”

That was quick, he is gone back to Silicon Valley or wherever he lives. I think I will have to finished my unfinished blog on another day with less interruptions.


Click here for more

No comments:

Post a Comment