Followers

Sunday 9 November 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Bad Signal

Someone’s left you a voicemail message, but all you can make out are the last words: “I’m sorry. I should’ve told you months ago. Bye.” Who is it from, and what is this about?



Swiss telephone cabine

I have a voicemail message? 

“Do I have a voicemail on my iPhone?”

“Of course you do, everyone has a voice mail.”

“Oh, I see, but I can see no pretty little window where the words “voice mail” are.”

“Why do you ask, have you received a voicemail?”

“Wordpress tells me I have a voicemail message, that says “I’m sorry. I should’ve told you months ago. Bye.”, but I cannot find it. Perhaps my mobile is out of date, and that app did not exist for that model. “

“Everyone has a voicemail, you just have to configure it.”

“How?”

“Have a look in Internet, there must be instructions. It is probably something like an SMS, but spoken instead of written.”

“But I didn’t have to configure SMS, it was just there. They are those little messages that you can write and it makes “woooosh” when you send them. Do voicemails also make “wooosch” or does my mobile play one of those nice little tunes?”

“Just configure it and you will find out.”

“But it gives me at least five steps to complete until I have voicemail. That could present problems. This might be urgent. It might be the news that I have at last won my Pulitzer Prize, or Nobel Prize, for my super famous blogs, known worldwide.”

“I don’t think so.”

“You don’t thing my blogs are not praiseworthy? Boohoo….”

“Stop crying, the tears are dripping onto you iPhone. Of course your blogs are prize worthy, but you would not be notified by a voice message. You would probably get an e-mail or even a telegramme.”

“I thought you only get telegrammes from the Queen.”

“I don’t know. Anyhow it cannot be so important, if it was months ago. Whatever happened has happened and we are still alive and well.”

“I wonder what the last words were. I think I will have to configure that app. How does it work?”

“I wouldn’t bother. The last time you configured anything on the phone we had to re-programme everything.”

“Oh yes, I remember. It was for a special tune that was only available online. They even wanted money from me.”

“Of course they did. Your telephone music did not include Mozart’s Requiem, the music was too complicated and too long for playing when someone was calling. At least I managed to stop them charging $10 a month for the music. So do me a favour and do not programme anything new. You don’t need a voice messenger. Just use the mobile for calling people in your list, or receiving calls.”

“Do you think I should get a new iPhone? There is a new model in three sizes. I bought mine a few years ago, and I cannot buy a new pretty cover for it because they no longer make them to fit. I think my telephone is obsolete. I am sure I cannot upload the voice message thing.”

“Don’t worry. Your english flag cover still looks nice, even if a corner has broken off.”

I decided that the important message on my voice mail was probably not so important, although it might have been one of those nice men calling from another country, telling me that my Windows was not functioning properly and I should go to my computer and follow his instructions. On the other hand the last time I did that I had to buy a new computer. No, let’s forget it. I wonder what a new iPhone model would cost.




Click here for more

2 comments:

  1. It could have been the daughter of a Nigerian general, calling to say she had several million dollars to deposit in your bank account, she just forgot to tell you........

    ReplyDelete