Followers

Wednesday 18 June 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Instant Celebrity

If you could be a famous person for a day, who would you be? Why?



P1090243


I am famous, and not for just a day, but every time when I am seen. Here is one of my signature photos taking during a shopping excursion in the local supermarket. Notice the space I occupy to enable me to develop my full shopping possibilities. People form a corridor when I appear. I have a triumphant smile on my face, after having conquered the competition of fellow shoppers. I stand there with a full trolley, packed with my hunting trophies. What other female could reach such heights.

Yes, they know me and recognise my talents in this temple of buying. I am someone.

“Good morning Mrs. Angloswiss, can I help you?” and so the experience begins. Mr. Swiss is pushed into the background, he is just a supporting figure, it is me they want to see and my money.

Why should I be someone else? What does Madonna have that I do not have? OK, she has blond hair and changes her partners like a new dress, each one being younger than the last. Is that the essence of being famous. My hair changed colour and I did not even have to do it myself, it just happened. Mr. Swiss does not even want to have a wife like Madonna, he finds it would be too much stress at his age. He is happy with me, with my personality and my cooking talents, although he almost succeeded me on the list of fame by producing an excellent Apricot flan (I think I blogged about that a few days ago). Was I jealous? No, of course not, I cannot be the centre of attention all the time. I must leave space for others, for a comparison, that people are really convinced I am perfect and celebrate my fame.

I have not yet been recognised by the Pulitzer or Nobel for my Blogging talents, but I think they do this on purpose, to encourage even more, to allow me to perfect my blogs to even a higher standard and one day I am sure I will be given the T-shirt of the year as a reward for being a celebrity.

By the way, I do this daily prompt thing every day. I exercise my brain cells, endeavouring to bring something completely different and spend at least half an hour daily writing and creating, not to mention the posting and artistic design. I visit my fellow bloggers regularly to see what great works they are accomplishing. We all have a different approach to the subject and that is what makes the art of blog so interesting. Just a shy commentary: I have noticed that some of the blogs appearing daily are from the same bloggers, reposting what they are posting all the time. Perhaps they can increase their “like” results with this concept. I am not complaining, just finding it a shame that they are not able to bring something new and original. I have noticed who they are, and now avoid their blogs. I have a total of 1,173 blogs on my site currently and each one an original, with perhaps one or two exceptions.

At the beginning I was using WordPress as a backup to my Multiply site, just posting stories and fiction. Multiply collapsed and I shifted permanently to WordPress and have never regretted it since, although I have been known to criticise – a woman’s prerogative. It was then I discovered the prompts and other interesting choices.

Being myself is enough reward, I am famous at home amongst my felines and Mr. Swiss, RIP Nera, but Tabby, Nera’s litter sister, tells me she is doing well in the eternal corn chambers and holds the record for mice hunting somewhere over that Rainbow Bridge. She finds the food is much more variety and no longer those eternal vitamin pellets that Mrs. Human was feeding her.

And now time to do something completely different. To maintain the fame of my garden, I now have to plant a few flowers. See you all tomorrow on the flip side with another original, famous blog.


Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realise one of my online friends was a true celebrity!!

    ReplyDelete