Followers

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Daily Prompt: Rare Medium

Describe a typical day in your life — but do it in a form or in a medium you’ve rarely — if ever – used before. If you’re a photoblogger, write a poem. If you’re a poet, write an open letter. If you’re a travel blogger, write a rant. (These are all examples — choose whatever form you feel like trying out!)



The William Shakesspear Pub, London

‘Twas a blade of sun that did pierce the window to my world
Wake and be fresh, thou must hunt for the nourishment to fulfil the yearning of your body
Be gone and enter the world
Wench you must obey your needs
Go forth and shop

My faithful coach waiting for the deed to perform
The key to success was turned in the lock of this carriage
And I was gone, with the speed of a thousand horses
The sound of a cockerel croaking at dawn to wake the masses
Passing the others on the wayside, no time to lose

I did enter the congregation gathered at the source of all nourishment and good will
My purse by my side, bewaring the wandering eyes of the inquisitive
I did approach the place where the choices were ready for my eyes
There was a delight in my senses when I perceived
Meats, cheeses, cowly products, it was a revelation
But I made haste with my choice, less the others would grab those delights and take them

Oh what wonders were exposed arranged on the shelves of plenty
Fruits of orange delight and apple to please
Thus the banana was chosen for its taste appeasing to the tongue
Be it mixed with the rice and oriental curry spices
For my man to please
adorned with whipped cream, they would be to his satisfaction
My head does know it, worthy of his love

And thence I departed from this temple of good
My way was paved with roads of movement, but nonetheless
I arrived at the destination and did begin to cook the victuals gained by my journey
My deeds were appreciated with a goodly look from my husband
He was of a delighted temperance
His countenance showed approval

The deed being completed and the goodly food ate with pleasure
I rested my body and mind from the pressure of life
I did close my eyes and drift to another level of contemplation, to the Elysian fields

On the afternoon I did rise and take my faithful computer and did write words of prompt
Goodly words, words with uplifting thoughts completing the purpose of the WordPress guild
My husband was casting his attention at the wise words of a writer that had penned thoughts approving of his taste in a book.

Soon the sky cast a blanket of dim light upon its countenance and the time did approach to slip into deep slumbers.

Oh what day was behind us, and what night will be before us.

You know I never did like Shakespeare at school, and this was not an easy job. Why did that bloke have to write so complicated.


Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. I think this was really well-written!! I think The Bard himself would have approved!!

    (BTW....I left a message on FB for you, asking if you would be willing to host the 'Picture This' challenge this coming weekend)

    ReplyDelete