Followers

Friday 11 April 2014

WordPress Daily Prompt: Have You Never Been Mellow

After a long day at work or school, what are your favorite ways to wind down and decompress?



Romford Cemetery


There is nothing more mellow making as a nice quiet walk over the cemetery. No excitement, no crowds, just peace with the world and a few crows that might be pecking around. The sun reflecting on a few grave stones and words telling you I was here and did it and now am here to stay, with a few stone angels looking on for good measure. Of course, the walk might be a little less mellow in the evening. Towards midnight it could get quite exciting, with all sorts of things happening, but probably just figments of the imagination.

Back to the normal realistic day of a golden oldie, I have no favourite ways of down winding or decompressing, I do not need them. I am cool most of the time. It might be that a little excitement occurs when cleaning the bathroom. I do not like cleaning the bathroom, wiping the tiles and giving everything the shining effect. However, as I do this job regularly, I now have it down to about forty minutes, leaving half an hour spare recuperating time laying on the bed, until the next job begins which would be cooking lunch. I am so downwinded and decompressed after my sleep that cooking a five star menu for Mr. Swiss and me is no problem. Even bacon and eggs become a culinary event. Just serve it with a smile on your face and all problems dissolve: the very essence of mellowness.

Today I did not have a very mellow time. Sometimes things happen that you do not really expect. Yes, WordPress has decided to rejuvenate its organisation. Change is always good; it breaks down the monotony and keeps the little grey cells working. Today my grey cells did overtime. I was no longer mellow just confused. With my strong will and perseverance I think I have now conquered this new system, although it was not broke, so did not have to be renewed really. I suppose these things have to be, to ensure that we all realise that the people on WordPress are not sleeping but fulfilling a hard task of work. I read about 10 different instructions on how to do a pingback. I never had a problem with pingbacks, but to be quite frank I find the new system long winded and complicated. With my gift of html, picked up on a web assistant course, and my Bill Gates lookalike talent, I am sure I will succeed.

My favourite way(s) of winding down and letting off steam would be taking it easy on a bed or on a comfortable chair. I would be reading my latest discovery in the book world. This varies from the supernatural, to an exciting detective novel, a murder story or just a nice cool spy story. It might be that my mind decides to take a rest from the words and thoughts and then my eyes slowly close and I drift off into a world of my own. After lunch I reach the peak of decompression, when I have my golden oldie midday sleep. From 13.00 hours until 15.00 hours I am in a world of sleep. I awake refreshed and ready to tackle my daily prompt, or perhaps a few housewife chores. That is the bliss of being retired РI can choose my next relaxation s̩ance.

In my working days being mellow did not exist in my language. I came home, prepared the evening meal, afterwards sat in a chair and by 9.00 in the evening I was asleep. I never felt alone, as Mr. Swiss was sleeping in the chair next to mine. We were sharing our mellow moments with our eyes closed and probably snoring in unison.

I will now upload this devastating prompt and WordPress has assured me that my link will now be shown in a nice new style. Oh the excitement of the world of blog.


Click here for more

1 comment:

  1. How do I unwind? well, depends how the day has been, how much do I need to unwind? Could be music....and again depending on mood will determine the type of music. Maybe a movie. Or maybe even take a nap....I'm getting to the age now where I sometimes feel the need. LOL.

    ReplyDelete