Followers

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Daily Prompt: Clone Wars

If you could clone yourself, how would you split up your responsibilities?


Pat im Bipperlisi clone


I do not think I would even see eye to eye with my clone. Dr. Frankenstein told me it was very easy to do, but it might be that the clone wants to take over and that the clone might not be a pleasant type of person to get on with. On the other hand, after reading Dr. Frankenstein’s experiences, recorded by Mary Shelley, I decided he did it all wrong in any case. He first of all made a man, now what a stupid thing to do. If he had made a woman at the beginning, life would have been so much easier. She would have organised everything perfectly, being expert at multi-tasking.

“Mrs. Human” asked my chief feline Nera “what is a clone?”

“Not important Nera, forget it.”

“But it looks interesting. Seems you can make people twice, even more.”

“Nera forget it.”

“But Mrs. Human, if it works you could even clone me.”

“Nera forget it. One Nera is enough in this household.”

“But one Mrs. Human is enough as well” answered Nera.

“Go and play in the garden Nera, there is a lonely bird outside, looks very tasty.”

“Mrs. Human are you trying to get rid of me?”

“Nera, go into the garden.”

She walked off swishing her tail back and forth and muttering something about Humans not understanding the feline race.

In the meanwhile I returned to my cloning thoughts. Forgetting Dr. Frankenstein as I decided it might be a good idea. I had visions of sitting at the computer and at last writing my prize winning epic novel, not having to organise the housework, washing, ironing and cooking in between. .My days of multi tasking would at last disappear. My clone would do that for me. I could go on long field trips with my camera, taking the photos that I always wanted to. My clone would even look after the felines.

“Mrs. Human”

“She’s back. Yes Nera, go and play with the bird in the garden.”

“No Mrs. Human, Tabby is now chasing the bird. I have an important discussion to finish here I do not want a clone preparing my tuna fish, I am sure she will not do it in the right way. I also do not want a clone emptying my litter tray, and I am sure that there is no clone that would be at my beck and call all day.”

“But Nera, a clone is exactly the same as me, just a sort of double and can do everything I can.”

“In that case tell your clone to write the novel and take the photos. In the meanwhile you could do the housework and carry on being our human servant. Do not forget Mrs. Human, we adopted you. It is an honour to serve three felines, myself Nera, my litter sister Tabby and Fluffy our apprentice. We had a discussion and decided we do not want to be left at the mercy of a clone.”

Examining the whole case of cloning, I come to the conclusion that splitting responsibilities does not fit into the feline way of doing things, meaning that having a clone would create a conflict situation at home.

“On the other hand Mrs. Human I have a good idea. If you cloned me I could send my clone out into the fields to catch mice and birds and I could just sleep at home or rest waiting for my fresh meat. Yes, Mrs. Human clone me.”

“But Nera, you are unique, I do not think that would be possible.”

“Is unique something good?”

“Yes Nera, it means there is no other feline like yourself.”

Nera puffed her fur out, had a scratch and a lick and said “Mrs. Human you may empty my litter tray, serve a plate of tuna fish and afterwards switch the radio off. The noise disturbs my feline relaxation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment