Followers

Tuesday 26 March 2013

WordPress Daily Prompt: Déja vu

Have you ever truly felt déja vu, the sensation that you've already had the experience you're currently having?



The snow remains of Langendorf


How’s that for a déja vu: every year on the parking of our local supermarket they have to pile the snow and hope that it sometime melts towards Spring. I just watch it shrink every time I go shopping.  I see it every year at the same time, same place. Looks a bit dirty, but that is environmental pollution for you.

I am not the déja vu type probably, but I have never had such an experience and I would probably put it down to coincidence. That ‘s me, the born realist.

1 comment:

  1. I read an interesting article some time ago, theorising that 'deja vu' was actually a physical effect created in the brain, where the image from the eyes is recorded twice in rapid succession, giving a subliminal impression of the first image, and creating a vague idea that it's something you have seen before. I've no idea if this theory has ever been proven, but it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete