Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Creative Challenge 129; from time to time

Nera

“Hey Tabby, come and have a look. I am sure we can compose something for this week’s challenge”. Nera the cat was sitting at Mrs. Human’s computer again. Mrs. Human was shopping for tuna fish so Nera knew she could work undisturbed. That was Nera’s idea. Actually Mrs. Human was buying food for the family, but such things did not interest a cat. Why should it? The purpose of shopping was to buy tuna fish. Her two feline colleagues, Tabby and Fluffy agreed.

Tabby’s interest was awakened by Nera’s comments and she pawed her way to Nera to see what was so interesting.

“Now that is an easy one” said Tabby to Nera.

“OK, clever cat, then what shall we write.” Nera glared at Tabby with her yellow eyes.

“Well, for instance” began Tabby “you can write from time to time cats like to sleep.”

“Is that a joke” asked Fluffy, who had also decided to help. “Tabby you never sleep from time to time, you sleep all day. I heard Mrs. Human say once that you sleep twenty-three hours a day and spend an hour looking for somewhere to sleep.”

“Sleep is important for a cat” miaowed Tabby, “even you like to curl up and sleep most of the time Fluffy.”

“I know Tabby, but only for an hour or so. Not all day and night like you sleep.”

“Hiss” said Fluffy to Tabby “you don’t have to swipe your paw over my nose.”

“Fluffy you don’t have to insult me. My sleep is a precious thing.”

“Listen felines” Nera had decided this conversation was leading nowhere “I have decided to strike the sleep bit, it seems it is not something we do from time to time, but most of the time: agreed?”

The two other cats shook their heads in accordance with Nera’s words. Nera was always right, at least she thought she was and Tabby and Fluffy decided it was better if she thought that way.

“I know” Fluffy spoke “from time to time we eat tuna fish.”

At this remark Nera and Tabby both did a cat laugh.

“You must be joking” said Nera.”Forget it. I am not writing such rubbish. If Mrs. Human reads that she will buy and serve even less tuna fish. It is now an insult that we only get it on Wednesday and Sunday, and I can imagine that the Sunday ration will disappear entirely.”

“We are getting nowhere with this” and Tabby did a scratch behind her ear, which usually meant time to sleep.

“Tabby” said Nera “stop scratching your ear, your next movement is a quick lick, afterwards a triple circular movement and then you are somewhere in cat nirvana for ten hours. Stay awake and concentrate.”

“Nera how can I concentrate when I feel tired?”

“Listen felines, the quicker you have an idea what we do from time to time, the quicker I have written this piece and posted it on the computer.”

“So what is so important about it in any case Nera?” asked the other two cats.

“Cats, you are not only sleep and wash machines, but stupid. If I write what we do from time to time, it will be read by other humans who are owned by cats like our Mrs. Human is, and all cats will benefit from my words. I will be famous and worshipped by our feline friends.”

“Oh, there she goes again” Tabby and Fluffy started to snigger behind their paws.

“What does that supposed to mean” Nera asked.

“Sorry Nera” Tabby said “but self praise is no recommendation.”

“I am not praising myself, I don’t need to. Everyone knows I am the most beautiful sleeky long furred black cat here and my words are important. And now I am tired from this trivial conversation with two stupid felines. I will have a sleep for a few hours and when I am awake I am sure I will write a masterpiece on the computer.

Nera curled up and in five minutes was sleeping. Tabby followed her example and Fluffy began to write on the computer “From time to time Nera gets on my nerves with her showing off, but luckily she doesn’t sleep from time to time, but most of the time.” And with those last words Fluffy also rolled up and slept.  

No comments:

Post a Comment