Followers

Friday 10 August 2007

Watching others work



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


What does the picture have for a meaning you might be thinking. I was at work, sitting in the office thinking how nice it would be to have the afternoon free to enjoy the Summer weather. It is known in the office that I go blogging now and again, although most of my colleagues do not really read what I am writing as they are Swiss and they have to translate everything into German.

One of the girls suddenly said "look out the window, take a photo I am sure you can blog about that. What are those men doing?" I took my camera (it is always in my handbag) unpacked it and got ready for a photo. The window was open so I had a look. There was a large lorry parked on the side of the road with a crane. At first we though a machine was being delivered to our factory. Just the week before I had to export an old machine weighing five tons back to Germany to make room for a new one. As it was on the road we decided it could not be a new machine and then I saw the lift on the end of the crane.

"The lamps are being cleaned" I declared and soon we were 5 women probably waiting for the worker to take his shirt off (it was quite warm today) and pull out the bottle of coke thinking he might be thirsty. However, this was a serious Swiss worker who had the responsibility of making sure that the street lighting was clear enough for driving in the evening. There was no such actions, just a daily job of work. He probably not only cleaned the glass of the lamp, but had to remove the remains of last years insect life inside the lamp. During the evenings in the Summer moths are quite attracted to these lamps.

Eventually we women decided it was enough excitement for the day and went back to work in the office, still thinking how nice it would be to have the afternoon off. Just a little bit of excitement in the office for a change.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



No comments:

Post a Comment