Followers

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Life's a Fish Store

You get to be a 6-year-old kid again for one day and one day only — plan your perfect 24 hours. Where do you go, what do you do, and with whom?

Tabby eating tuna fish

“Hello Tabby, I’m back.”

“You were away Mrs. Human?”

“I was visiting my dad in London. Did you miss me.”

“Miss does not exist in Meow Mrs. Human. And what’s the big deal. Mr. Human was filling my dish, I even got some tuna fish. He even emptied my recycling tray, although I deposited most of it outside in the garden. It was perfect recycling weather.  Basically everything was fine, it was a perfect week, it could not have been better, although the place is now a bit empty without Fluffy with his corkscrew whiskers, but he is doing fine. Nera sent a paw message from the eternal corn chambers. Fluffy is now her assistant and helps to round up the mice. It seems Bastet is quite satisfied with him.”

“Yes it was Fluffy’s time Tabby.”

“If you have to go, you have to go. But please Mrs. Human no more searching for new playmates for me. I am getting on in the years and no longer have the patience to teach them the rules according to Tabby. So if you were away, what did you bring me.”

“But the felines in England eat the same as the felines in Switzerland, so there was nothing I could bring you really. “

“According to today’s prompt I should have a perfect day. Any suggestions?”

“Seems to me every day is a perfect day for you Tabby. What about a walk in the fields, searching for mice?”

“Good idea, but first of all I should finish my dish of tuna and have a digestive sleep. Will postpone it until tonight. Turn out the light when you go Mrs. Human.”


2 comments:

  1. I did not know that Fluffy had passed on to the Eternal Corn Chambers :-( When did that happen? I assume while I was away visiting my mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was always having problems with his eyes and eventually one had a tear (not going into the details) and they removed it in an emergecy op of 2 hours. Afterwards he seemed to give up, was not eating, just sitting around and only drinking now and again. He had bad blood values and his kidneys began to fail so we had no choice. After a week we had to make a decision and the day before I went to England we had to have him put to sleep. he seemed to be telling us it was time. I wrote about it now and again on WordPress, but did not do so much backing up here or in Facebook. It was very sad for us both, he was 12 years old, 10 of which he was blind.

      Delete