Followers

Monday 10 August 2015

Daily Prompt: Three coins in the fountain

Have you ever tossed a coin or two into a fountain and made a wish? Did it come true?

Fountain at Cemetery St. Kathrinen

I was not even thinking about tossing a coin in this fountain. It was at the local cemetery and so I decided that it would only benefit the cemetery gardener and I found it quite a nice little fountain with its green moss and slime deposits.

Of course when I was younger, after my visit to the Fontana di Trevi in Rome, I joined in with everyone else throwing my lira into the water. I did not resemble Anita Ekberg when she did her alluring poses for Frederico Felini’s film La Dolce Vita, but I was too young to have inviting curves at the time.

I toss coins regularly in the cash register at the local supermarket, but even that pleasure has disappeared. Everything is paid for with a plastic card. The waterproof credit card for coin throwing has not yet been invented for throwing into fountains. It would definitely simplify life for the workers that have to rake the coins together after the tourist visits.


Just yesterday Mr. Swiss and I decided to take a walk. The sun was taking a break from beating down on us, there was even a little rain in between, but the ideal weather to put on your special Sketcher walking shoes with memory foam to overcome all obstacles. I am not getting a special reward for advertising for Sketcher shoes, but at last I have found shoes that fit themselves to your lumps and bumps on the foot and not vice versa where the feet have to force themselves to fit the shoes.  I cast myself into my special walking pants, together with my t-shirt and I was ready to go.

Image 10.08.15 at 15.31

Note the elegant shoes, they are perfect. I even managed to climb the 50 steps to the top of the hill without resting in between. I have now ordered a pair of these fantastic walking shoes with a blue design, for special walks where I might be seen by others, so that they can admire my feet and walking style. I would note that my feet never left my legs once during our marathon.

Our walk was along the river bank, but during a recovery pause I took the opportunity to see if there had been any important messages left on my iPhone. This is a WordPress action photo, as I had uploaded my prompt before leaving home and I was reading the thousands of comments and checking the millions of likes I had received. You might notice the camera hanging round my neck, all part of the walking uniform, ready to take a Pulitzer Prize suspicious shot. Of course I revenged myself on Mr. Swiss by taking a couple of sly pictures whilst he was resting. I have not yet received permission to show them here.


It was a nice easy walk and five swans decided to show themselves for a photo. Unfortunately they were on the other side of the river, so it was not such a clear picture, but you can get a feeling of atmosphere. 

River Aar

2 comments:

  1. Throwing coins in a cash register doesn't seem so bad at the moment. My recent throwing electronic money online to a well-known UK computer retailer has resulted in frustration. You recall me telling you that I was ordering a new computer? Well I made the transaction online last Thursday and paid a little extra so that it would be delivered Saturday. On my electronic invoice it stated there would be three parcels in the delivery. One for the PC, one for the monitor and one for the additional cables I had ordered. When the delivery driver arrived Saturday....he only had two items....the monitor and the cables. No sign of the PC. I immediately rang the computer company who said they'd look into it and get back to me on Monday morning (nothing much happens at the weekend in the UK!!!). I had heard nothing by lunchtime Monday, so I gave them another call. I was told the matter had been referred to the 'lost in transit' team, who would look into it, but it could take 'several days' I was NOT happy about this. However, not long afterwards I received an e-mail to say that they accept that the item is lost in transit, and that a replacement would be fast-tracked immediately, and I would receive a refund of the fast-delivery charge I had paid. I've had a confirmation msg from the delivery company this morning to say they have received the replacement, delivery will be by 2pm. If only I'd been able to go to the local store and buy it there!! I wouldn't have had these problems!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was following your problem on facebook, but I very rarely make comments on facebook if I have an alternative. I know these things often happen, be it DPD, TNT, or any of those companies. I saw the photo of your new computer - looks like you have the Rolls Royce amongst computers, ex IBM and wish all the best when it eventually arrives. I only have laptops, so not such a problem. I ordered my Apple through the computer dept. of our local supermarket. They had it within a week. I made an extended guarantee on it covering 5 years and paid for it on a day when they had double points, so I got about 200 francs of points to use for my supermarket buys. The computer wasn an expensive one, the best that Apple have for laptops but it is the best computer that I have ever had. Even my Acer is now on its best behaviour and I have no problems. I am just waiting to be No. 1 on the Windows 10 list for a download/upload or whatever.

      Delete