Followers

Sunday 23 August 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: That Purrs

Franz Katka said, “we ought to purr only books that bite and sting us.” What’s the last thing you purred that bit and stung you?

Wasp dinner

“I think that the last thing that almost stung me was a wasp Fluffy. How was I to know that the yellow and black striped pullover was just a camouflage and he was actually out to get me.”

“Did he sting you Tabby?“

“No, as an exeption, thanks to Mrs. Human, she chased him away, although I think it was only because the wasp was bothering her as well. You know how selfish these humans can be.”

“Of course, Tabby, they should take a leaf from our book and think of the felines first of all. You see, you were just a sideline, the wasp was bothering her. She did not even think that it might be bothering you.”

“Humans have strange ideas I know. I think these theme is more about what we are reading at the moment. I have just finished Cat on a Hot tin bowl of Tuna Fish by Tennessee Whiskers Williams. Not a bad book. I especially like the bit where he said “I’ve got the whiskers to lose one of my nine lives. What I want to know is, have you got the whiskers to  eat the tuna fish in the bowl.” Yes, the author put a lot of thought and logic into that sentence.”

“You are right Tabby, it is food for thought having to eat from a hot tin bowl. Did you ever read “A Tail of two whiskers” By Charlie Tomcat Dickens.

“I never finished the book. Too many cats running around without their heads and Paris was never my thing and I cannot speak french meow.”

“But it was in meow meow.”

“I know Fluffy, but I like to savour the original languages when I paw through a book. Anyhow it is now time to sleep. Give me my copy of “How to become a Lion without really trying” that is my book of the moment.

“I read it on my special pawpad for blind cats. It does not work. My fur did not grow and I still have my rasatafari curls.”


“Of course not Fluffy, the fun is in the imagination. Who wants to be a lion, the humans would put you in a zoo. Let’s remain cats, where we are, after all we give the orders and Mrs. Human does her best to obey, although it does not always happen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment