Followers

Saturday 22 August 2015

Daily Feline Prompt: Feline Green-Eyed Monster

Tell us about the last time you were really, truly jealous of someone. Did you act on it? Did it hurt your relationship? 

Tabby on guard


“Tabby, you have a hint of green eyes.”

“And, so what Fluffy. Yours were once green as well.”

“I know Tabby. It says that we are jealous of someone if we have green eyes.”

“Fluffy, no self-respecting feline needs green eyes to be jealous. Of course we are jealous. We are jealous of the feline next door, we are jealous of the butterflies, birds and mice. We are even jealous of the humans sometimes. It is in our whiskers to be jealous. I am sometimes even jealous of you Fluffy.”

“To be quite honest Tabby, I am also jealous of you and all those other things you mentioned. I cannot imagine not being jealous. Remember the words of the great Aristotle Cat “Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable felines, while envy is non-feline and belongs to the non-feline, for the feline makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow him to have them by envy.”

“I am not sure I get that Tabby, a little too much over on the philosophical horizon.”

“You see Fluffy, you are just jealous of my large scope of wisdom. It is written in the book of Bastet, Chapter 20, verse 24, “All felines must be jealous, otherwise they are not a genuine feline, but just an imposter in a feline fur coat.”

“Oh, I see Tabby, I will have to sleep that one over. Life can become very complicated sometimes.”


No comments:

Post a Comment