Followers

Monday 29 June 2015

Daily Prompt: Feline Generation XYZ

Think about the generation immediately younger or older than you. What do you understand least about them — and what can you learn from them?

P1000614

“Don’t they look sweet Tabby, two mini us.”

“Forget it Fluffy, they are more trouble than they are worth.”

“But we were kittens once.”

“I know and I am glad I have it behind me. There were four us us hanging on the milk tap if we were lucky to find one. Our mum was busy all the time licking our fur and searching for us.”

“Yes, I remember Tabby, our mum was just the same. There were also four of us kittens and our dad used to watch us all the time.”

“You had a dad?”

“Of course Tabby, all felines have a dad.”

“Yes, I had one, but I think he only met our mum for a few minutes and he was never seen again.”

“That was probably because your species did not belong to a regular breed.”

“I beg your pardon. The Tabby feline race is the original breed.”

“I know, but we Selkirk Rex are something special, an exclusive race.”

“Exclusive my paw. The name says it *Rex” which means a fluke of nature. I have never seen a feline with curly whiskers like corkscrews that fall off as soon as they reach a decent length, not to mention the curly fur and the mini deadlock hairstyle on top of the head.”

“But we are special Tabby, people pay more money for us, especially if we have a pedigree. Our family goes back many generations and probably our bloodline began with Miss DePesto.”

“Who?”

“Yes, she arrived somewhere in America in a litter and they discovered that she had something special and so her descendants all had something special.”

“You mean the dreadlocks are something special.?”

“Yes, that is our trademark Tabby.”


“That is nothing compared to my trade mark. What feline can be proud of having a McDonalds “M” on its forehead. So enough Fluffy. Let us be glad that we have no screaming kittens to look after with their eternal craving for milk.”

No comments:

Post a Comment